Empress of the Seas Cruise Review

Empress of the Seas Cruise Review by Shaecampbel1

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Stateroom

When I booked this cruise I immediately had buyers remorse after seeing the reviews about the boat. I recently went on a Norwegian Cruise that was smaller and I hated it: so I was worried this would be the same. WRONG. This cruise was fantastic.

I originally got an inside cabin but was upgraded through the Royal Up program which I highly recommend doing because I’m so glad we for a window view instead. The room in my opinion was perfect size for two people. We had plenty of space and storage. The bathroom is very small, but an average size person can fit in there fine(idk about larger people). I even brought an over the door shoe rack hanger because people made it seem like there was no space but there was plenty.

The food was amazing. Yea the windjammer had the usual adequate food but welcome to cruising people. The starlight dinners were spectacular. Highly recommend the French onion soup and prime rib. Lobster night was ok the lobsters are very small so my friend and I split a second entree. Vikki and Ignacio took care of us and I can’t brag about them enough.

Entertainment was crazy good. They had a comedian the first few nights that had me almost peeing my pants. I would pay to go see him anywhere. Now unfortunately the second comedian wasn’t as good. The game shows were absolutely hilarious. Such a good time.

Cococay is my new favorite place. I would seriously take a cruise just there and back lol. We got off the boat early and got on ALL the slides within a half hour because no one was there that early so def recommend getting off the ship the second they let you. Once we did all the slides we paid by some pools. We laid in the pools. They have amazing food for lunch. Taco stations, salad, burgers, everything. Highly recommend going here, also they’re expanding so it will just keep getting better and better.

The gym was smaller and upstairs from the dance club but it has everything I needed. And the treadmills face the water so that’s a nice perk. They also provide too with towels

The crew on this ship are awesome. It is a small ship but it’s a comfortable ship. Easy to navigate and never too full.

I will say tho if you get sea sick easily do not go on this boat. You feel EVERYTHING. We were on deck 8 and I could feel the boat shake when it was slowing down. It rocks a lot so just be ready for it. Again you’re on a boat so if that bothers you then don’t go on a cruise.

Embarking was horrible because they were running behind and everyone was complaining so instead of doing sections they basically let the entire boat get off at once, which you can just imagine how horrible that was. But that was the impatient people fault not the boat.

Overall I would 100% recommend going on a cruise on this boat. My 7 days were perfect and I already miss it.

Shaecampbel1's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Stateroom

Perfect size for two people. Plenty of storage and space.

Aqua Park

Fun for all ages.

View All 56 Aqua Park Reviews
Costa Maya

There’s nothing to do in Costa Maya. It’s way too expensive. They wanted $14 for chips and salsa. Cozumel is much better

Shaecampbel1