3. Norwegian Encore
I went on this cruise with a number of friends. We had a stateroom with a balcony overlooking the sea, on the 10th deck. We departed from Miami, went through Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. We did three excursions and saw several shows on board. I enjoyed the dining options. The buffet was delicious and varied. The freedom to remove food from the buffet was invaluable. The Local had a number of good food options. That said, the dining hours were a little difficult to navigate on a vacation schedule. I would have liked more late-night food options--a slightly more substantial buffet offering for the wee hours and between meals, for example. Kinky Boots was great fun. The cast was good and even with a technical pause in the middle of the show it was a worthwhile expenditure of time. My wife and I took the beverage package--not the most elite package, the one right below that. It was more than sufficient. The best drink on board is the raspberry-guava mojito at the mojito bar. I wish they had more bartenders there because demand was almost always high, but I 100% recommend this drink. The biggest issue my wife and I had with this trip was the lack of pool and recreation space. On the Encore, much more space is dedicated to amenities like the go-kart track, lazer tag, escape room, virtual reality arcade, and so forth. There are two pools available for average cruisegoers--a children's pool, and a tiny, TINY, general usage pool. Seriously, the main pool is so SMALL. Unless, of course, you're staying in the Haven. The upper few decks are premium content that cost an additional fee, and include more hot tubs, relaxation spaces, and better pool. Without being in the Haven, I felt like a second-class citizen. There was a lot to do but I was looking forward to relaxing in a pool environment and that's simply not a good option unless you pay for the Haven. We had a massage at the spa which was excellent. The excursions were also quite fun.

What's good was good

TormentedByGnomes’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Encore price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD
I very much enjoyed the cabin. It was suitably spacious with a nice, semi-private balcony, and I was pleasantly surprised by the bathroom, which was not as cramped as I anticipated.

There are VERY few electrical outlets so if you brought devices of any sort you will not be able to use them near or in the bed.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins