3. Celebrity Equinox
The Equinox is an exquisite ship in every way. It is a five star plus luxurious floating hotel, huge in every way. A transatlantic is different from a regular cruise because there are many more days at sea. We couldn't dock in the Azores due to rough seas and that added two days to the at sea days. The port stops were shorter so that it was difficult to do the amount of things in port that we have done on a Mediterranean cruise. However, the transatlantic cruise was delightful and much more relaxed. I loved deck 12 with the spa and the Aqua Spa Cafe (organic bread and jams) and the partially covered deck rooms with couches and the open part which was a little cooler. There was almost always entertainment up there as well as throughout the ship. The Europeans hang out up there, Germans, Brits, etc., because they love the sun and hot tubs and the spa. They never get enough sun at home so they take advantage of every opportunity. A lot of Europeans were stuck on the ship because they couldn't get flights back home due to the volcano in Finland. Their cruises were very extended. I met people from all over the world on this cruise. There were fifty seven languages on this cruise and it was totally full with 2800+ cruisers and 1400+ crew. A lot of people were doing back to back cruises and got on at Fort Lauderdale to do the transatlantic and stayed on in Rome to do an Eastern Med cruise with the Greek isles, etc. The service was so good it was incredible and the food was amazing in every dining venue. The Silhouette main dining room is gorgeous and the structure is like the inside of a whale with the white columns looking like whale ribs. We didn't do any specialty restaurants because the main dining room, the ocean view cafe and the Aqua Spa Cafe were more than enough and garlic and a lot of sodium make me sick. In the Silhouette they made my food to order and I remained healthy the entire trip. I found Lisbon very slummy and I was warned about using public transportation there. Cadiz, in Andalusia, southwest Spain was gorgeous and very easy to see. It is a Moorish, perfectly preserved town surrounded by Atlantic waters. Barcelona was great and it was May Day and everyone was on the Ramblas. Villefranche was where I sprained my ankle due to broken streets. It is beautiful too but in need of construction work. It was a Sunday and there was a car race in Monte Carlo and that cut out a lot of public transportation options and ability to get around so we couldn't do much there and were very limited time wise. The next day was the last stop, Rome. We stayed two nights in the Ambasciatori Palace on the Via Veneto and it was wonderful. I got to see all of Rome in two days in spite of hobbling around due to the sprained ankle and I am so glad that I did it. I love Rome. The entertainment and enrichment programs on the ship were spectacular with many shows and lectures each day. They even had their own Cirque Du Soleil show which was incredible. They also have glass blowing from the Corning Museum with educational classes and demonstrations. I won a beautiful large blown glass bowl in the shape of a shell at one of the shows. We didn't play croquet on the grass but a lot of people did. There were so many activities, great activities, on this boat that when you chose one you missed three others. The children on the ship seemed to be having a great time in the Fun Factory. It was an amazing social experience.

Crossing the Atlantic on Equinox

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by lkrivo

Barcelona was great and it was May Day and everyone was on the Ramblas.
We didn't play croquet on the grass but a lot of people did.
lkrivo’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Our cabin, an ocean view at the very front of the ship, was long and narrow with three tall tilted windows which angled in at 45 degrees. It looked out at the heliopad and the ocean. It was a standard size and had plenty of storage space and was very comfortable and attractive.

The only disadvantage of this cabin was the very long walk from the elevators.
  Celebrity Equinox Deck Plans