3. Celebrity Silhouette
Ship is still looking great and the price and ports were very attractive. Getting on the ship couldn't have been easier once we made it in the building. Access to the Miami piers is horrific. 1st day lunch was great, room 7221 on the hump ready at 1:30 and then on to the Martini bar. Dinner at Tuscan Grille was excellent, but may not be worth it unless you have OBC to burn. Cruise Critic Connection event was great, but bring your own cocktail if desired. On Monday wife went to play Bingo and I was at the Martini bar. She showed up with some wild story about winning a Celebrity Suite at Bingo. Turned out to be true and after talking to some wonderful people we packed our stuff as fast as possible before they changed their mind. We spent the rest of the cruise in 1617, The extra space and benefits were awesome. We were now able to eat at Luminae and Blu and both are very, very good (we will never forget Dominick, Gilbert and the rest of the team in Luminae). In Luminae we were able to order off the main dining room menu which worked well for me. We really had no idea what to do with a butler, but if we needed anything or had questions he was the best one stop shopping ever. Walter has been with Celebrity for 22 years and is an expert on all things Celebrity. Buffet food was excellent, but didn't vary much at least for lunch and breakfast. We were always able to find a table. Drink service for juice or cocktails was sometimes okay and sometimes very good. Walking up to the counter usually got someone's attention and they would then take your order while in line to get you out of the aisle. Shows were pretty typical for cruise ships and we tried to make almost all of them. Since we had the perk of Michael's we used it often before the first show for happy hour and then went to a late dinner. By then we were usually in for the night. the entertainment director Sue was a hoot and we were never bored. Shore excursions were run very well with all but one port being staged out of the theater. Very organized and you could pick up a bottle of water on your way out for free if your drink package covered it. No tender ports which made on and off the ship a breeze. At some point I hope security invests in scanners since a large number of customers have artificial joints. My daily frisking was always done professionally, but it does get tiresome. Captain Morgan Rum Adventure St Croix: Great first excursion, but made the mistake of getting on the vehicle with open sides. Couldn't hear anything the tour guide said. Exotic Garden Beach Tour St Lucia: Garden was amazing, but definitely needed the umbrella at the beach. Barbados Beach Break: Glad the umbrella was included. Keep in mind that one of you depends on the umbrella usage of your neighbor. Saw a few people complain when umbrellas were taken down. Other people just pulled their chair into the sun and everyone was happy. Great beach. Spices and Sunshine Grenada: The spice garden was amazing. The description is a little misleading because we ended up at a Ramada Inn on the beach with great facilities for the last hour with a free rum punch. This was serious punch!! I had one and my wife had to discard hers. Might have had something to do with the 139 proof rum we learned about earlier in the tour which did a great job of showing exactly how rum is made. Makes up for all the weak cups of rum punch I've had in the past. Best of St. Vincent: Great tour of the castle and botanical gardens. The beach is very small and I wouldn't plan on getting in the water since I didn't see any facilities. The usual rum punch sample, but the serving crew took up almost all the small gazebo. They do a pretty good job telling you what to expect on excursions, but perhaps a warning about two tour busses passing each other on a goat trail with potholes going around a blind curve could be included. I'm only exaggerating a little bit, but in one case a fourth of the road was literally taken up by a goat laying out and enjoying the sun. I ended up in the front seat of one bus and the tour guide mentioned they had 7 religions on the island. That may be true, but I had already prayed to at least nine. Keep in mind they drive these roads all the time and they communicate with their horns. Once I noticed that almost all the vehicles did not have scraped up sides I relaxed a little bit, but some rum punch helps even more! One little item was the opening time for the Martini bar. Even if the daily says 1:00 or 3:00 don't be surprised that it is almost always 4:00 especially if you were planning on meeting up with someone. We already took advantage of the Veteran's Day sale and booked the 12/9/2020 cruise on Equinox to the same region. Just before we left the ship our butler Walter took my wife on a tour of the Royal suite....

Great Cruise and Amazing Luck

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by EngCU82

EngCU82’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Celebrity Suite
Cabin CS
Started in 7221 which is first on the hump and an excllent cabin. Then we moved to 1617 up on 11. One night we did notice some ship motion. The separate bedroom and bathtub are luxuries we never expected to see on our cruising budget. The phone on the wall next to the comode was a casulaty to my shoulder on the first event. Nice to have I guess in case of an emergency, but placement was problematic. In other words you really have to try hard to find anything wrong with a suite!
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins