3. Royal Princess
My husband and I were looking for a relaxing end of the year cruise. I have read quite a few reviews from people with quite a bit of complaints. First of all, the ship was beautiful. The crew does a fabulous job keeping it clean and maintained. I will also mention at this time that the crew were friendly and helpful. Steward would come in late morning, straighten up the room, put out a fresh bucket of ice and was there for anything else we needed. Nighttime turn down included some chocolate and all the information/itinerary for the next day. Our cabin was clean, and apparently passengers on this ship have not been on other ships when they complain about the size of the room. We stayed in a deluxe balcony room, which has a pullout sofa. Plenty room to hang all your clothes as well as a cabinet for your folded items. Everything about this room was standard for a cruise ship, so all the complaints about a room being "too small" and the balcony "only having 2 chairs" is how it is on all ships unless you pay for a bigger cabin. The bed was incredibly comfortable and we slept great. I did not hear any outside noise except people moving around the chairs on the deck, no big deal. We kept the AC/heat off and chose to keep our deck door open for fresh air while we were in the cabin. There was a great selection of things to watch on tv when you needed to relax a minute in your room. The complaints about the elevators were not really a thing for me either. I booked a room on deck 15, towards the very back. We would go from the front of the ship to the back very quickly by just going up to the first deck that was staterooms and walk through the hallway until we were to the last set of lifts. You can move very quickly from front to back by doing this. The only elevators that were crowded were the ones that were mid ship. Entertainment was fun, we like to participate in trivia games and "game shows" as well as watch demonstrations. Dining was really good in the dining room, the buffet did tend to have same items at breakfast, but, if you didn't eat one of everything everyday, you will be fine. Nobody seems to realize that there are over 3500 people onboard, how much food do you think they can fit? Also, I have been on ships that are constantly closing buffets after 2 hours to get ready for the next meal. This buffet is open 24 hours. They always have one side open with a ton of choices. Lastly, I enjoyed the medallion class. Made everything so easy. It was our anniversary and when we went to get a drink, the bartender told us to "hold on" and went and got us a bottle of champagne. So having all of our information on that one little token was great. Super easy to get into the room. Easy to identify us. I loved it. If you are thinking of going on this ship to Mexican Riviera, do it. My friend has been on this ship when it goes to Alaska. He loves it. Great vacation.

Needed time to relax!

dinaheath’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Deluxe Balcony
Cabin DF
It was very comfortable. Plenty of room for 2 people. Relaxing at night was great with the balcony door open, fresh air and plenty "on demand" including "the love boat" which my husband and I watched and laughed while remembering the 70's. Going to the back of the ship for me is a no brainer since we could go walk up the steps, go to the buffet, and then walk back down. I loved this location.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins