MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review

Comfortable & Clean, Great Way to Spend a Vacation!

MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review by razzzbere

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

7 of us, 4 adults & 3 kids spread out over 3 cabins. We arrived at the pier around 12 and were on the boat by about 1 or so. Pretty easy.

We found our cabins, neighboring balconies on deck 10 with an inside right around the corner for the kids. We all had a very nice room steward named Gino and he was able to open up the divider between our balconies, empty our mini bars and get us extra towels.

I thought that all of our rooms were very spacious...especially the inside cabin, they had 2 closets!! Bed/linens were very comfy, we slept well. Could have used a bit more storage but not a deal breaker. Our cabins were aft/mid, not a bad location, very quiet and nice place to hang out on our balcony.

The first day/nite was a blur. We had some lunch in the buffet and before we knew it we had to go to the safety drill and then dinner in the MDR.

The buffet has some of the same stuff every day...but they do change it up with specials/ethnic foods. And besides, people would be more angry if they didn't have bacon/eggs/pancakes/etc! I love the breakfasts pastries with a good cappuccino, I could have that every day! I loved the pizza, especially late at nite...it was even better! Every day they had seafood/chicken/beef dishes...and they did change, along with burger/hotdogs/cold meats and cheeses. Soups, salads, all kinds of food....blows my mind that people say the food is awful....how do you eat at home??

We only had dinner twice in the MDR....it was fine...nothing out of the ordinary. We had the Tryptic dining package so we used that for 3 nites. Butchers Cut had a great filet...everything was good there. The sushi bar was great if you like sushi....very pretty food. Ocean Cay was a beautiful restaurant, but I didn't love what I got to eat. Black Cod was not that great....others in my party really enjoyed what they got tho, seared tuna & wild clams w/pasta.

The English Pub was really good! Perfectly cooked fish and chips. Fun place too...they had a trivia nite and an excellent musician, he sang mostly Bob Marley type music and played guitar...really smooth voice and not too loud that you couldn't talk.

Casino...I thought it was a good size with a bar right in the middle....I didn't stay long, gave my donation and left. It was pretty busy tho and nice that they have a large non-smoking section.

Cirque Viaggio dinner show....too long.....the food was decent but it was so dark you couldn't really see what you were eating. That meal/show lasted over 2 hrs...I love Cirque, but this one, not so much....it was too long and boring. As others say, skip the meal and see the show if you like.

I only saw one show in the theater....we had quite a few port days and were exhausted. The theater is very nice and we had no problem finding seats as the ship was a little light that week. Show was OK...not really my thing.

We had the Easy drink package...and well, it was easy.....kids had everything they could wish for...and we had all kinds of virgin drinks with a shot on the side...I love the Nojito and white rum...plus all the fancy coffee drinks from the Edge Bar, best place to get coffee.

The spa was nice altho the dark room was broken...2 really nice hot tubs and the cold/ice room was great after the sauna! Had a great massage too at a decent price on special.

Kids/husband loved the ropes course/slides/VR games/car....the sports court was really nice for the kids to play hoops too. The boys were old enuf to use the gym too...it was the smallest i've seen on a ship...and it was packed. I guess thats a good thing!

Getting on and off the ship was normal wait time. We went to Ochos Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel & Ocean Cay.

It was our anniversary, so just my husband and I did the Martha Brae River Raft cruise in Ochos Rios...it was very nice...scenery was gorgeous and it was very cool and relaxing on the river. The ride to and from was kind of long tho...1.5 hrs each way...bring snacks!

Grand Cayman we got a taxi tour and went to Hell and the rum cake store and the dolphin place...that was really cool, i had never been there before.

Cozumel we did a private excursion driving dune buggies to Punta Sur to swim, tequila tasting, and a great lunch at another beach area. We loved it!

Last but not least, we were the 3rd ship to visit Ocean Cay! We got a cabana at South Beach which was stocked with water and towels as well as 2 floats and plenty of seating. Quite a beautiful place to spend the day. Some of our group did the jet ski excursion and loved it. The water was pretty brisk...and i'm from New England so i'm used to cooler water. The sun was hot so it was nice to go in and out of the water. Food was good at the buffet BUT the lines were way too long...this should be fixed once they build the second buffet. We went back to the ship for dinner then back out to Ocean Cay at nite. The light show from the lighthouse was gorgeous! The shops have some beautiful things in them. I could have spent another whole day touring the island...I wish they had more ways to get around, the shuttle was always full. Lots of walking!

After one last good nights sleep we were ready to go home. We had left our bags out the night before so we had carry-ons. We went to the buffet around 8:30, it was packed. We ended up on the back outside deck which was very nice and quiet. We actually stayed there until about 10am I was shocked that no one was trying to kick us out...we just walked off the ship, found our bags and waited in line for a little bit...breezed right thru and were in our Lyft to the airport.

This was our 3rd MSC ship and I would definitely go again. They are the cleanest, classiest ships at sea right now...great for a relaxing cruise.

razzzbere's Full Rating Summary

River Rafting

Great relaxing tour of the Martha Brae river.

View All 51 River Rafting Reviews