3. Norwegian Sky
My daughter chose the Cruise for her Destination Wedding in Freeport Bahamas. We had nearly 30 people in our total group. Over half of us were first time cruisers. Overall, I think most everyone would go on a second cruise. The food was as good as we expected for a cruise. The dining food is a little better than the buffet food. The pizza bar was the ultimate in a lot of our eyes and worked great when you needed a mid-meal snack without going to the buffet or dining room. The food service employees never failed in the service department. They were always friendly, personable and accommodating. Loved the hand sanitize greeters at the entrances of the buffets. The dining room staff messed up our request for the after wedding dinner seating arrangements, which my daughter was able to resolve quickly with the room manager, but she seemed disgruntle and hesitant about giving us the large table in the middle of the room as requested prior to the cruise. A bridal tea had been schedule prior to the cruise for the night before the wedding. This was an intricate part of the whole wedding itinerary. The Tea was supposed to be set up in the Bridal suite at a set time. It was moved to a meeting room, decided by the crew, it was unannounced and caused a lot of confusion and delay in letting approx 15 women on a cruise know that it had been moved. Thank goodness we had a dry erase board on the outside of the suite door, but it still caused delay in the Tea beginning. Hor devours, specifically finger sandwiches and such were requested along with a few small deserts. We only received a small variety of deserts with a few small bowls of peanuts. There was no attempt at decorating at all. The service was average and they were apologetic. I believe they did offer a discount on the charges that were paid for the party. The bars are busy and for the most part the bartenders were having a good time and doing their best to hand out drinks non-stop for hours on end. There were a couple times that some of the bartenders appeared to have had to work an unexpected extra shift and didn't seem to be as excited to be there, but they still provided your drinks with a smile. A few members of our party, including myself did not receive their specialty packages that came with the cruise and some that had paid for additional packages were not set up on their card on the first night. I believe most of the group had this resolved by the second day. Going to customer service was sometimes timely and there was a line a lot of times, especially the first day. Timing is key and they typically resolve the issue pretty quickly. We stayed in a balcony cabin, but we spent time in an interior room, a suite and a port window room at some point or another during the cruise. All the rooms, especially the suite were clean and well maintained by the concierge. They are small, but organization is the key to prevent it feeling even smaller. Most of your time should be outside of your room, so they size didn't bother anyone that I knew of. All of the concierge throughout the whole ship were very friendly, personal and accommodating. They were busy busy in the morning and were always working very hard to get in, clean and get out of the way of the guests. A well oiled machine. The bridal suite had a personal concierge that acted more like a butler. From what I experienced he was on call day and night and treated the bride and groom very special the entire cruise. We lost one of our ports, the wedding port actually from the Hurricane damage. We were able to move the wedding to a different port and things went better than expected. Freeport turned into a day at sea. I think I will probably always try to get a cruise that has a day at sea from here on out. It gave everyone an opportunity to actually spend more time and take advantage of the experiences on the ship. They had extra activities for all the guests and it seemed everyone had a great time. Both ports that we did get to do were awesome. The crew has it down to a pat getting everyone on and off the ship. You have to go through a security when getting back on the boat and I never experience a long line or delay in the process. Debarking day is a whole other story. They did well at that to. They did as good as could be expected for nearly 2000 people trying to leave the cruise by a certain time in the morning. They have a system and it seems to work as well as can be expected. Take advantage of the luggage pick up. You will wait in long lines, I'd guess it took between 45 mins to an hour to get completely through, retrieve your luggage and leave or board the bus to the airport. Just be prepared for it and it's really not that bad. Everyone seemed to just go with the flow and I never personally experienced any negative situations. I didn't do any shore excursions and I'm pretty sure the rest of our group didn't either. The first port Key West, FL was the wedding location and we couldn't have asked for anything better. The Wedding was held and the Key West Tropical Forest and Botanical Gardens. We only had 6 hours in port. We didn't know that when we made all the arrangements. Vendors, the NCL app and travel agent all confirmed that we would be in port for 4 hours. It would have been great to have known about the extra couple hours prior to disembarking, but it worked out since a lot of the group was able to spend an hour exploring Key West. The Wedding venue was perfect in every way. We provided transportation so everyone had to arrive with the bridal party a little more than an hour before the wedding, but with plenty of enjoyment available within the gardens all were entertained while they waited and after the ceremony. All the vendors we hired for the wedding went above and beyond to make sure my daughter got the wedding of her dreams. Exactly what she had pictured in her head. It was simple and elegant with a very relaxed atmosphere. The second port, Nassau Bahamas was enjoyed by all. No bad experiences were had by anyone. Everyone in the group went their separate ways and found others as the day went on. There were plenty of adventures without booking excursions. All in all, we all had a great time. Some are already planning future cruises. There is talk of trying other cruise lines to compare the overall experience. No kids included in the group, but still had a range in age from mid 20's to early 60's and everyone kept busy and having good times. There were only the two disappointments, the Bridal Tea fail, which was a huge disappointment, especially since we paid extra fees in order to have it. The specialty package mess up was frustrating, but resolved pretty easily. The biggest aggravation of the whole thing was the cruise director. Since we were a group and special event we made a lot of confirmations, checks and double checks regarding the wedding and arrangements. We went through two different cruise directors that absolutely failed us in every way. We thought the second one was going to make up for the lack of service we received from the first cruise director, but she failed us as well. We checked and checked on the specialty packages that were supposed to be provided to us to end up still having to go to customer service on the ship. I'd recommend a travel agent when you book your cruise, but even that seemed to take time as they will have to wait on an answer if they don't know it. The family member that set up the Bridal Tea set that up through the travel agent and it still didn't get taken care of properly. The service on the ship was outstanding.

Wedding and Bio Siblings First Meet / Family Reunion

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by anjw38

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony
My daughter chose the Cruise for her Destination Wedding in Freeport Bahamas.

The service on the ship was outstanding.
anjw38’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA
Comfortable and fit the need.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins