3. Carnival Valor
The purpose of this cruise was relaxation ,Carnival came through during our 5 days on board. We parked at NOLA cruise terminal $110 for 5 days. Embarkation: very efficient,20 minutes from parking to being on board,including bathroom break. Gone are the days of waiting in endless line for check in,take photos obtain sign & sail card. Passport photo is now used and card awaited us at our cabin by 130 pm. Cabin :Our balcony 8254 was port side giving us great views of all the ports directly above the gangways.Saw all the pier runners from our room. The room was very clean & well kept. Sure there is a little rust on the boat but what seagoing vessel doesn't has issues? Every cruise I have been on they are constantly doing maintenance which is a good thing overall. Our room was 1 floor below Lido and 5 above MDR. We were near stairwell and could occasionally hear elevators dinging & music from Atrium. Earplugs helped muffle sound. Our steward offered morning night or both services ,I chose both and tipped him extra for our stay. Food:Embarkation we ate at BBQ above lido .It was tasty & refuge from Lido crowd. The bbq wasn't as good as the Pig & Anchor on some of the upgraded ships with pit on deck. We ate breakfast & lunches at lido. They were better than in the past. The salads & deserts seemed to improve .Deserts used to look great but didn't t deliver in taste . The Taco bar was a good choice . Our favorite was dinners at Lincoln MDR your time . We had the same waiters 4 of the 5 nights. They were very efficient & friendly.We had good conversations with them each night .I find it hard to believe that most cruisers don't try the MDR. Ports Cozumel & Progresso , We have been there many times so we just did some portside shopping. Entertainment: CD Kevin was & crew were excellent, I couldn't understand the negative reviews. He was high energy fun the whole cruise.Excellent at getting crowds involved.It was a Christmas cruise which was different from my past experiences. Karaoke was fun to watch.Musical groups were good. Marriage game always a highlight.Comedy show was not as enjoyable to us this time. Fellow cruisers: In past there was a big Louisiana representation (my state) but just about every one we met were from out of state .It was fun to meet them. With cooler December weather there was less chair hogging seen. There were fewer kids on board. Temps were in the 80s when we reached the gulf .We had smooth sailing until last evening when boat really rocked. Overall we enjoyed the trip and left relaxed & happy

Valor Cruise December 2019

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by brlrph

We parked at NOLA cruise terminal $110 for 5 days.

The Taco bar was a good choice .

Overall we enjoyed the trip and left relaxed & happy
brlrph’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E
Port side directly above gangway . Good for watching pier runners .Room service coffee in the morning & wine happy hours.
Clean & not in bad shape. Convenient to stairs near Lido & not far from MDR