3. Norwegian Escape
About a year and a half ago, a friend of mine said she wanted to take a cruise to celebrate her 40th birthday. Myself and about 15 others said we were in. As the dates drew nearer, our group ended up at 8. This ended up being a great number for this trip. For most of us this was our first cruise with any cruise line. NCL was a great choice for many of us. They were great from Embarkation to Disembarkation. The Escape was a great ship to start out on, even if it was huge. Within hours of embarkation, I had already explored enough of the ship to know where most of the things were...or at least the important things. The layout made it easy to get around and find anything I needed to find. Finding my cabin, and exploring the Studio Lounge was easy and gave me a place to start. I easily was able to find the group I was with after finding my cabin. We met at the pool area, and started making some plans for the days to come. In the first port (Roatán) I chose the Discover Scuba excursion. Well it was the best decision I made as I’m now hooked. And because of now wanting to do more diving, it gives me yet another reason to take more cruises. The second port (Belize) was another excursion to the Botanical Gardens and Spice Farm. It was a long boat ride and bus to the farm, but it was very informative and beautiful. I am not sure I would do it again, but sure am glad I did it. The next 2 port days no excursions were planned, so a few of us explored the port for a short time, but then took advantage of the beautiful weather, and lack of people on the ship, and headed to the pool for some sun and quiet. Entertainment on the ship was top notch. We all enjoyed Howl at the Moon and the solo piano player, Justin Golan, who was usually in the District Brewhouse. Those of us who say After Midnight all agreed it’s lacked something and was worth the price of admission (free). Choir of Man on the other hand, I would have gone twice if I would have known it was that good! Free beer, and interaction with the audience (I got pulled up on stage along with others). I can not recommend this show enough, and look forward to seeing it off the ship. The game shows and other activities were hilarious, and the cruise director Jackie was great. Good humor, and high energy most of the time. The specialty restaurants were all top notch, at least the ones we went to (Teppanyaki, Cagney’s, and Bayamo). The consensus favorite was Teppanyaki but not by much as Cagney’s was great too. Both left us with great smiles and full bellies. We ate in the Manhattan Room mainly on the other nights. The entertainment was a nice addition, and the food choices and preparation were also great. Only made it to Savor for breakfast, and it was also great. O’Sheehans made a great place for a snack and place to meet. The overall service for everything on board was great. Usually didn’t have to wait long for a drink, and once you found a bartender or server you liked, the service got better...especially if you tip them a little extra. Overall, the cruise experience was exceptional and the value was worth it. There are many of us who are already planning our next NCL cruise, and looking forward to the adventures again.

First (of many) Cruise(s)

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by pkmooers

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Studio Stateroom

pkmooers’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Studio Stateroom
Cabin T1
As a bigger guy I found the room small, but perfect for the solo traveler. I spent very little time in the room, so it ended up being great. There were some wear and tear issues (a screw poking through above the sink from a repair, and a closet door that seemed like it didn’t want to stay in its track). Overall, the Studio Cabins and Solo Lounge are a great value for solo travelers. Only thing I didn’t like was not knowing what it was like outside due to no window view.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins