Viking Star Cruise Review
1,878 Reviews

Skip most other cruise lines Viking has nailed it

Viking Star Cruise Review by Jravenx1

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Mediterranean

We did three river cruises with Viking before taking our first ocean cruise this Fall (Iconic Western Mediterranean). Wow. I could have easily spent a couple days just at sea enjoying all this ship has to offer. The spa! One of the best features on these ships. Simply amazing. And...included! You can snow grotto/sauna/steam/whirlpool...your fanny off. They even have lockers with cushy robes/rubber slippers and a little amenity bag, and of course water and towels. Next: the cabins: We had a Penthouse Verandah and it was very spacious. The daily replenishing of alcohol didn’t hurt either. Very liberal with the mini fridge. Very clean. Lots of storage. The only ding I have is I would have liked to have the bedding changed at least every other day. I think they just remade the bead and sprayed some sort of freshener on it. Food: So good! My favorites were Manfredi’s and the pool grill. The best hamburger/hotdog/cheesesteak at sea. And cold good beer. The steaks at the main restaurant are really good, too. Great salads. Free laundry anyone? Right down the hall washers/driers and included detergent. Irons/ironing boards. In some cabin categories they offer free pressing—-sign me up! It was awesome. I am currently planning our next Viking ocean cruise.

Jravenx1's Full Rating Summary

See above—-the cabin is the best I have been in on ANY ocean cruise. Or river cruise for that matter.

Jravenx1