Silver Wind Cruise Review

Silver Wind Cruise Review by Cptchiron

• Sail Date: Jan 2019
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

Having watched the high end names keep raising prices at a clip I feel not sustainable wanted to look at another line..wanted a small ship where you could board by walking up and not have lines..greeted nicely and that attitude stayed the whole time..tradition is lunch on deck and they came quickly to serve..

The ship rooms were recently upgraded and I liked not only that but the basic size of the room was excellent..all the service around the room was as expected.

By the third day their team knew what I was eating..they were calling me by name..and their smiles the real deal..you felt like you were with people who truly wanted you to enjoy and they enjoyed working there.

Lobster night not to be missed..not the skinny little tali’s but real good sized ones and after I had more than normal the chef came out to smile and wanted to see my size..they wanted to know where a 172 lb person could put them..told them that was Atkins..

Loved lunch..learned right away to look at it all before loading the plate..you walk in the buffet which is not a straight line it bends around the room..fresh salads to start..they you saw the selection of hot protein and veggies.

As I had a nice plate the very last thing was a sushi sashimi station and my eyes lit up! The supervisor saw my expression came over took my plate to a table so I could assemble a small plate. Each day from then on I started there! In the middle of this room they had additional appetizers and then their desserts of the day including an ice cream station. Was glad to see each day. They had plenty of sugar free options.

I enjoyed the Italian type feeling from the heritage and found Wine lunch to be more than solid. One of the best parts of the entire trip was my wife said she went in with low expectations and came away impressed!

They have a small stage for entertainment so they don’t have their own band for evenings but the five singers and dancers were excellent. I guess one might say that I had such a good time I was sad to say goodbye to the crew and leave the ship..

So I decided to book at least two cruises this year the first two will be on the same ship with the hope that I see some of the same excellent people.

Cptchiron's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Suite

Excellent size..on other lines this would have been penthouse size.l

Excellent product and room was in excellent condition.

Grenada

The locals were just fantastic kept calling the people his new family!

San Juan

Just enjoyed driving with local to get some color on the city.

Cptchiron