Why? The Itenary A not so common one, long and much to see. Done out of Europe, by a German travel office: Berge und Meer Yes we know it's an old ship wich had the atmosphere of faded grandeur But the compagny plays it all very poche, a bit pathetic... This was our 23rd cruise, and the first with HAL. There was a cabin on the promenade deck confirmed by the HAL 5 months in advance. However, 5 days before this was moved to a so-called upgrade, I was not happy with that. after complaining seems nobody could change it any more. cabin 6100 was a terrible loft, I could not get up straight from bed, the desk was unusable and the layout unlogical, curtains had to be closed with Velcro tape. In the afternoon was no sleep possible, 2x 1.5 hours were practiced with the music, so noise, in the evening, 2x1.5 hours the performance, again noise till 22.00 hour and sometimes from 00.00 hour to 2.00 hour practice with the staff presentation for a few hours. After difficult reaching the hotel director, (permanently protected by guest service employees), I got the cabin that was originally promised after a week by grace. Incidentally, with that rediculous small bathtub it is difficult to shower, you cannot take a shower over you, but shower against you. Later I got out of the bath and fell because I had the handle in my hand, it was not stuck in the wall, the next day it was screwed in another place in the wall. Evening meals were good, but monotonous, and not always in accordance with what was on the menu (but that happens with more ships; drinks were extremele expensive. Breakfast and lunch in Lido and restaurants were exellent.

South America cruise

Zaandam Cruise Review by maxplaats

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Why?

The Itenary

A not so common one, long and much to see.

Done out of Europe, by a German travel office: Berge und Meer

Yes we know it's an old ship wich had the atmosphere of faded grandeur

But the compagny plays it all very poche, a bit pathetic...

This was our 23rd cruise, and the first with HAL.

However, 5 days before this was moved to a so-called upgrade,

Breakfast and lunch in Lido and restaurants were exellent.
maxplaats’s Full Rating Summary