Ruby Princess Cruise Review

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by monitatam

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

The food at the Horizon Buffet restaurant became poorly after a few days. We were eating yesterday's food or leftovers. The coffee taps ran out of coffee. The water tap didn't work. stain marks on cutlery always. Dining at the Michelangelo restaurant was good and we received good service though menu didn't vary much from day to day.

The complimentary food in the International Cafe was good, so was its coffee.

It has a well-equipped gym to allow for physical exercises. We can walk comfortably on the Sun deck as well.

We, Christians, appreciated very much a room specially dedicated for Bible Study. It was encouraging that we could gather together for fellowship everyday.

Activities in the cruise were lame. A lot of time, it's doing the same thing over and over again though the crew members responsible were making good efforts. We noticed that most of the passengers were oldies. Maybe, that's the reason that the cruise was quite quiet, calm and peaceful.

My very unpleasant experience: 28/11/2019 about 7:10 am

I was feeling sick one morning while having breakfast in the buffet restaurant. i went into the nearest lady's room . All (2) cubicles were out of service. so I went into the one for disabled. I am an elderly lady (over 70 yrs old) so I considered myself eligible for the privilege of using the toilet for disabled. When I was ready to leave the washroom, I found that the exit door had been locked from outside. I was very annoyed and pressed the button for emergency. It took about 15 minutes (a very long time for the agitated me) before someone opened the door. I don't know how someone in the crew could play such a nasty trick on a harmless passenger. If I couldn't read English and seek help, I could panic and have a heart attack. i have heard that the Princess cruises are of high standard. This one is worse than disappointing.

The ship was quite rundown in places. Water leaking occurred in several places. The drain pipe was blocked in the laundromat, causing the floor to flood when the washing machine was draining its water. It's advisable not to choose a cruise ship with a lengthy history.

I was taking this cruise to relax, but several things as mentioned above have dampened my holiday. Maybe, the Ruby Princess ought to retire.

monitatam's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

Work trolleys always parked outside bedrooms in the corridor, making walking hazards. Please note that there are many old folks among us.

The cabin was small. It's easy to bump into other room furniture like the end of bed or table or chair.

You need to be agile to be able to use the shower efficiently.

The bedding looked frugal.

Botanical Garden

lovely garden, nice walk around, accessible

View All 8 Botanical Garden Reviews
City Tour

Quite easy to get around, stores sell at a reasonable price, friendly staff

View All 45 City Tour Reviews
City Tour

well-organised, got to have glimpse of the city, comfortable trip

View All 33 City Tour Reviews
City Tour

There is not much to see, just the waterfront and a couple of streets, however, the long shoreline and endless sea is so beautiful that you can sit and watch the whole day

City Tour

we could hop on/off at any stop and we could get to many places along the route. it's a trip worth its value

View All 38 City Tour Reviews
Geothermal Springs

marvellous, God's natural beauty, the tracks are manageable,

View All 40 Geothermal Springs Reviews
Wai-O-Tapu Valley

we saw the bubbling mud, but didn't get to see the geysers as expected. very disappointing

View All 7 Wai-O-Tapu Valley Reviews
Ferry

the ferry is very cheap and efficient. we can enjoy the harbour leisurely

monitatam