Carnival Miracle Cruise Review

Very disappointed not my typical Carnival Experience

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by jobella418

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Balcony (obstructed views)

I just got back from Mexican Riviera my 3rd time on this particular cruise and second time on the Miracle. Since it has been 2 years cruising with Carnival I don't know if it was the Ship or if Carnival has just gotten majorly cheap but this wasn't my normal Carnival experience. The food was horrible, the selections in the dining room were sad, our service was deplorable and the ship was dirty. I have been a Carnival supporter for 20 years and I had to eat my words this time which is very sad to me. Like I said I don't know why it was this bad, I would like to say it was the Ship is old and they put the worse people on it but I have no idea. Someone said it was going in for repairs soon that is why they moved it to San Diego but the repairs we were told that they were going to do by the crew wouldn't make any difference in what I saw. If Carnival is changing practices by cutting crew and the food to try and save money then we have a problem because it showed. This ship is going all the way to Hawaii and I feel really bad for those people they will be starving by the time they get there and bored out of their minds. Fun Ship this wasn't! If you are going on this ship soon be ready, you will need to eat in the fine dining steak house if you want a decent meal and good service, when you get ready to come back on board from a port day they only have 1 line and 1 scanner so you will be standing in line for 30-45 minutes with no place to sit down. Everyone that serves you has a bad attitude and they literally have nothing to shop for in the tiny store they have on board. 2 weeks before Christmas even zippo!

jobella418's Full Rating Summary

Balcony (obstructed views)

We booked this last minute so there were only 4 cabins to choose from all with Balconies with obstructed views. I was told I was over the lifeboats but what they didn't tell us is that the room sets so far back you cannot see the sunrise or sunset, the balcony is so small only 1 person can be out there at a time. And the view was totally disgusting as the top of the lifeboat was FULL of bird poop, clumps of grease, pools of dirty water and just plain gross!

We loved this perfect for a great day and good price only $29 they only approved this excursion the day we landed in port like 30 minutes before they let us off the boat. So you cannot book ahead of time I guess.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Beach

We booked at the Rui Palace for a day pass. All-inclusive food, drinks, beach, towels, spa, dressing rooms, we booked before we cruised just wasn't interested in the offerings with cruise line this time. Wanted to get away from the crowds.

jobella418