3. Carnival Conquest
We were on a 2 week back to back Ultra casino cruise, starting the first week on a western cruise followed by a week in the eastern Caribbean cruise. I want to say this cruise had a lot of surprises that were positive. I'll start out with the shows, we were extremely pleased with the quality of the singing, and the dancing! It showed this group had put in a lot of time practicing! The food on these cruises were near perfect, only one blemish was a steak order in the main dining room that wasn't very good, we could have sent it back, but wanted to make the show. The buffet food for these 2 weeks was easily the best buffet food we've had, the quality was excellent, the variety every day was also excellent! We actually ate extra meals in the buffet not because there was anything wrong with the dining room, but because we were so happy with the buffet! I told the buffet manager several times during the 2 weeks how happy we were with the buffet's quality! Our cabin was an ocean view mid-ship on the 2nd deck, and it was well maintained by our cabin steward, it was quiet, and comfortable! After taking about 10 cruises in a row in balconies, the banging of balcony doors has really gotten under our nerves, so we decided to go back to an ocean view, and we are happy we did! Is it a plus to sit outside in your balcony cabin, yea, but the banging is too much for that plus! I do want to say one little comment that we didn't like, the change in TV channels, CBS news is awful, go back to MSNBC, and add Fox for people on the other side! We don't watch a lot of TV, but getting our morning fix of room service coffee, along with some news is just our little thing. The 2 movies channels were OK, can't complain too much about free. The outside movies at the pool had a lot of current movies, and seemed to be well attended when we walked through! Who can complain about free popcorn!-)) The Ultra casino gift giveaway has changed, I'm sure most casino club cruisers know this by now, so I won't go into too much detail, some liked them some didn't, we fell on the side that liked them. The casino parties were OK, need to go longer for such large crowds, there just is not enough time to get a few drinks and some snacks cause there aren't enough servers!

Ultra Back to Back Cruise

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by AmBear

I want to say this cruise had a lot of surprises that were positive.

AmBear’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C
Very happy with our quiet ocean view cabin after suffering from banging balcony doors on our last 10 cruises!
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins