3. Carnival Pride
This cruise 12/01 to 12/08/2019 was selected as it was a Carnival Player Club (casino) cruise.I still look at the Carnival Pride with you eyes, yes she has dated decor and the elevator floor numbers are recessed so they are hard to see, but she is still "ship shape". Embarkment: about a half hour wait, but as a "priority" passenger, I had a separate seating area and we boarded first. The Buffet: As I am originally from NY, I enjoy good deli and the buffet has "good deli sandwiches" RCCL 's ships don't come close with their Compass Deli with one slice of meat, one half leaf of lettuce and a slice of tomato on an oversized roll. The remainder of the buffet has standard fair good fare for the "masses". Interior Stateroom: Standard stateroom with closets, dresser, chiller refrig, bathroom, as I was traveling solo, it met all my needs. I only saw my cabin steward once,, he introduced himself on the second day, but he fulfilled all of my written requests that was left in the stateroom. fresh bucket of ice daily, evening bed turn down only. The room was always refreshed daily to my satisfaction. The Pools/Serenity areas: Plenty of room and deck chairs for lounging. The had a very large smoking area outside by the pool, sufficient for the cancer stick and stogie folks like myself. The Normandie Main Dining Room: I had late dining at 8:25om and sat with three other solo passengers, the dining room service by Mohammad, Jose and Pa at table 160 was excellent. I have noticed that Carnival along with RCCL are standardizing their main dining room (MDR) entrees, but The beef selections of prime rib and beef tenderloin was on par or better than RCCL. The only disappointment was no escargot except for the last night, on RCCL it is 5 of 7 nights on a one week cruise. Drinks: Moderately priced compared to RCCL. Entertainment: As I was in the casino most of the time, I did not see the shows or the comedians. The Winners Casino: Carnival really knows how to run a casino players club program, the dealers and pit supervisors were all terrific, the waiters were plentiful and you rarely waited for a refreshed cocktail. They had nightly drawing and giveaways to keep the patrons engaged. The only disappointment was due to choppy seas, we could not tender to Pricess Cay, its private island resort. Nassau is Nassau and Freeport is not worth getting off the ship. The Bahamas government must require ships to stop there to generate some income for the island. Debarkment was satisfactory, off the ship, after snaking through customs, into SUV and at the airport BWI in under one half hour. I will miss this ship, as it will be transferred to another cruise line under the Carnival umbrella of cruise lines, but while its here, I anticipate to do another cruise, as there is still a lot of PRIDE in this crew and ship.

Carnival still a great ship, despite her age and decor.

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by wisnir

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Drinks: Moderately priced compared to RCCL.

wisnir’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Interior
Cabin 4C
Standard stateroom with a chiller frig, comfortable for one or two passengers.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins