3. Norwegian Escape
The embarkation process was the first clue how different this ship would be from others I have been on. Lines and lines and lines of people in a small space. Once we got on board, the same thing was evident at the elevators, the pool deck-everywhere. If that’s not your thing, go discover the quiet areas quickly (the Spice H2O area is adults-only and nice, but get there early!) The admonition to not save deck chairs is a joke-they are saved everywhere. The variety of foods in the various specialty restaurants is good, but you pay for it if you don’t have that perk in your package. Also good is the variety of bar entertainment, where you’re able to choose from several offerings each night. Is it terrific? No-but it’s fine. We didn’t do any shore excursions and didn’t even get off the ship in Cozumel. There were nine ships in port and we heard from those who went ashore that it completely overwhelmed the town. Mostly I noticed the staff. They just didn’t seem to care much. I’m used to Celebrity where staff is friendly, prompt and organized. This staff was none of those things. Bartenders wouldn’t even greet you when you arrived. It took us 20 minutes to get a drink at busy times. It took us almost 30 to get a glass of wine when we sat down for dinner one night. I am guessing the best staff and officers were assigned to the Haven because we never saw any of them. Disembarkation was a complete mess. We’re thinking their new facial recognition system quit working because we stood in a cramped hallway without moving for a long time, and they finally pulled immigration agents into the ship to manually check you because the system kept spinning and spinning. This was my first cruise on NCL and my first on a mega-ship. I don’t think I’ll do either again.

Huge ship-either love or not

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by JanU

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

JanU’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MX
The cabin was fine although seemed very small. The bathroom was larger than normal which was nice but for me at least, not worth the extra money to have the larger bathroom.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins