3. Monarch Countess
We have traveled few times with Gate 1 and liked their service and value. We had always wanted to do a river cruise but find most prices too high. One day we got an offer from Cruise Critic to river cruise with Gate 1 for $900 off per person, we couldn't pass that up and decided to give Gate 1 a chance. Our overall price was about 60% less than any discounted offers we have seen on any river cruise trip! Our ship was recently refurbish, very clean, nicely updated. Our room was larger than expected and the bathroom shower was sooo roomy, I can even make turns inside ;-) My only complaint was their food, it was so plain and blend, wish they spend a little more on the ingredients, I felt the chef was handicap by what his budget was. But since we pay so little, it's only a minor issue. The staffs are as good as any cruise we had been on. I think we will try a longer River cruise with Gate 1 in the near future.

Food was ok, but treat service and value

Monarch Countess Cruise Review by Pat312

We have traveled few times with Gate 1 and liked their service and value.

The staffs are as good as any cruise we had been on.

I think we will try a longer River cruise with Gate 1 in the near future.
Pat312’s Full Rating Summary
Get Monarch Countess price drops

Love the large (for us) and comfortable room. Nice balcony to see the landscapes passing by at night. We sleep with the curtains open.