Majestic Princess Cruise Review

Beautiful ship

Majestic Princess Cruise Review by christodan

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Balcony (obstructed view)

Cruised to North Queensland. The ship is beautiful. There are some very classy parts of the ship. The anytime dining was no issue at all and we only had to wait a short time for a table on formal night. The buffet food was not so great. Loved the pizza restaurant. The food was authentic.

The biggest issue was disembarking and embarking from the ports (except for Brisbane). It was by tender boats and it took way too long. We were very stressed that we would miss our independent tour even though we turned up one and a half hours before our shore tour, it was almost not enough time.This has to be looked at by Princess as it really cuts down on time in ports.

Overall it was a very pleasant cruise except for a few rude baby boomer aged guests. For example, on at least four different occasions I saw people who were in their sixties burping really loudly! And they were from a western culture, so they knew better. Walking through the glamourous Hollywood pool area and hearing one woman doing the longest burp I have ever heard from anyone really ruined the ambiance. - I hope you are reading this, learn some manners! Seriously, what is wrong with some people?

We were travelling with kids and at one point we happened to be standing outside the Hollywood pool area just looking at it. Entitled BB walks by rudely telling us, kids are not allowed, acting like she's a cop. Obviously we know that, that's why are standing on the outside looking in. Sheesh! Considering how rude some of the older people were on this cruise ship it might be better to ban them from the Hollywood area, at least my kids don't burp like pigs. It's a pity such a classy ship isn't matched by some of the clientele.

Apart from that, it was really great. I would definitely go back on this ship.

Entertainment on TV was really good. Live shows were good. Costumes and sets were fantastic with some shows.

The third bed in the cabin is in a bad place. They probably thought it makes it feel less like bunk beds, but it blocks access to the balcony when down. I know the housekeeper knows it's a problem as he wanted to put it up as quickly as possible. He said put the make up my room sign out, and he'll put it up, but we were still hitting our heads before then.

christodan's Full Rating Summary

Balcony (obstructed view)

As I said, the third bed poses a problem of blocking access to the balcony.

Brisbane

The drive to the CBD took a long time because of traffic.

christodan