Carnival Breeze Cruise Review

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Gjjiii

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View

I've been cruising for 40 years, starting in 1978 on the emerald seas. I've taken over 40 cruises and am a gold carnival member. We took advantage of the many hotels that offer a park and cruise program where you can stay the night before departure and leave your car in their parking lot and take a shuttle to the port. We swore off carnival a couple of years ago because of bad experiences, but the ports were interesting and this was the first "large" ship we sailed at 130,000 tons.

Apparently Carnival has decided to attract a certain demographic that were the most disgusting group of human beings I've been locked on a ship with. Their foul language, rude behavior and no consideration for the kids and ladies was horrible. On deck 11 above the main pool area as we were sitting with new friends we met, this group next to us started fighting and yelling the MF words, F words and then one of them got up and yelled across the pool to someone saying "hey MF come over here". They kept up the foul language until I stood up and threatened to knock him out if hey didn't shut his mouth. Told him there were kids and ladies here and didn't need to talk like that. Carnival had no security around. On the last night in the atrium level 3 another gang started yelling profanities, this time the security team removed them, but they were back 30 minutes later. These groups would travel in packs and my wife was scared to move about the ship unattended.

On formal or dress up night they let these gangsta's come into the dining room with baseball hats, shorts, wife beater shirts. Carnival never enforced the dress code or any behavior rules. That being said, we booked this cruise for our 17th anniversary. Embarkation was for the most part fast. They herd you like cattle, long lines for everything, there was a black long hair in my eggs, when we were at the second "formal" night our personal carnival cruise planer DJ Myrick arranged for a anniversary cake and they gave it to another couple who had no idea why they were receiving a cake. Not being deterred, they ate our cake.

I gave the cabin an excellent rating because it was a outside ocean view deluxe which had plenty of room and a FULL BATH AND A HALF BATH. The picture window was big enough to watch the ocean as we sailed.

if I had kids I would NEVER sail with this company until they clean up their act. One more thing, Carnival now rents scooters. Not exaggerating, there were 400 scooters running into people, clogging elevators, running into the back of your legs if you take to long in the food line, One kid was playing with a scooter, lost control and cleared out a table of people. People were so feeble our departure was delayed due to a medical emergency and when we were disembarking a lady fell out of her wheel chair clogging the only way out. They called the ship doctor and when he arrived he told the people helping that he was familiar with her. While in port at Grand Turk the sister ship Dream had a medical emergency and they had to life flight someone to St. Thomas. A cruise is not the place if you're not not able to walk and your health is such that you may have to be left in port. That's expensive and on you. What a total disaster and waste of my hard earned money.

Gjjiii's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View

Our personal cruise planner with carnival recommended this cabin since we were last minute bookers. I've never had a standard cabin with two bath rooms! One had a shower stall, vanity, toilet, and shower stall. The other had a tub, shower and sink. The room was large with lots of hanging and storage space. The picture window was large and had great views of the ocean. I've never stayed on deck one, but I liked it. When you go into ports they disembark on deck one or crew deck zero. Easy access when you come back from a long day on shore, you're not fighting for limited elevator space. The dining rooms are on deck 3 and casino and shops on deck 5, easy access via the stairs. Our neighbors were quite and the motion of the ship rocks you to sleep.

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

When driving in, check the hotels that offer the park and cruise program.

St. Thomas

Has turned into a shopping mecca, looks like most ports

San Juan

love the history of this place. My wife caught a head cold and right off the ship was a walgreens!

Grand Turk

Still a lot of damage from the hurricanes. Go to Jacks Shack for some of the best jerk chicken. This is where to run away to when your wife left you and took your dog.

Gjjiii