Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review

Beyond all expectations

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by EFP7165

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

As a young couple who haven't cruised before we were anxious about whether it would be for us. We got an excellent deal and the itinerary looked amazing, so we bit the bullet and I'm so glad we did. We travel very frequently but the appeal of seeing multiple destinations without any effort of moving hotels really resonated with us. Our itinerary consisted of Cayman Islands, Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica and Mexico - all of which we loved! We did ship excursions in most ports (mainly due to being new to cruising) a lot of people onboard advised you can get better value sourcing your own, but we found all of the excursions to be good value - although sometimes lengthy waiting for people to board buses etc we enjoyed them being organised for us and getting back on the ship mid-afternoon to relax and catch some sun.

We had no standards vs other companies or ships, but Celebrity really do pull out all the stops. The ship is spotless, spacious and beautifully designed. Despite the amount of people onboard it never felt crowded (except the pool deck on sea days - which I wasn't overly prepared for but we did always get a seat in the sun, but be warned people are out and on the best beds before 8am most days!).

All the public areas were great - the gym was probably one of the best "hotel" gyms I've seen/used. I'm also glad we selected Celebrity as a couple, as although there were some children, they were limited and very well behaved.

Our cabin was amazing (and our room attendant Savio even more so!!), for a small space its well designed with so much storage that it never felt small, although very glad we opted for a balcony as sitting out watching the sunrise most days was a highlight.

The food was probably what surprised me the most, usually All-Inclusive hotels don't cater for "foodies" but wow! I've not eaten this much in a long time! The Main dining room was amazing, we had a private table and the service was perfect. The food was genuinely delicious, ranging from pasta to steak or fish - you know a menu is good when you can't decide every night! But it wasn't just the main dining room - every venue we ate at was brilliant. The buffet plentiful and fresh! Sushi on Five was incredible - such good value and amazing, I only wish that we could have ordered more variety as it was a whole roll of each kind so we shared 3 rolls and a few starters which was plenty in terms of the amount of food but I would have liked to have tried other rolls. Lawn Club Grill was also great - excellent cuts of meat and beautiful location. But our favourite was Murano - amazing food - the lobster was just beautiful!

We had the classic drinks package and wouldn't have needed any more as this included all soft drinks, many wines, cocktails (frozen and on the rocks) beers, coffees etc - we never once got told that anything we asked for wasn't included in our package so I'm not even sure what else you would get in the upgraded package.

Overall - honestly beyond exceeded all of my expectations, the service was probably the best I've ever had, destinations were fantastic, ship was beautiful and am already looking at my next cruise!

EFP7165's Full Rating Summary