3. Star Princess
Let me start by saying that we took this EXACT cruise last year...same ship, same dates, same itinerary..and it was FABULOUS! This year, we thought that it was lacking. The food was average, at best. I find it insulting that the beef item on the every day menu in the MDR is hamburger...really? I could go up to Trident Grill for that! The dress code was not enforced in the dining room at dinner. Saw many people in shorts (not dressy ones either). I resented the fact that I packed based upon a posted dress code but then it was disregarded. If you are not going to enforce it, just get rid of it! As far as entertainment, they had many of THE EXACT PERFORMERS as last year. I understand the production shows being the same, but the singers, comedians and trio in the Atrium? Also, some of the "game shows" that they had in the Explorers Lounge has turned to Carnival Cruise levels (raunchy and dumb). Not what we expect from Princess. We sailed over Thanksgiving and the decorations were virtually non-existent. Last year, they decorated for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving, but not this year. On a positive note, the medical center was fantastic! Unfortunately, my husband got sick and he received exemplary care from the doctor, Garrick, and nurses Virginia and Clinton. We couldn't have gotten better care at home! The weather was not great, not the fault of Princess, however I feel that they should have a last-minute Princess Patter with additional activities just in case outdoor activities can't be done. I understand that the Patter is already printed, but they can post updates to the Princess at Sea app. The service throughout the ship was top-notch. Staff always friendly and smiling. Also, a shout out to DJ Lovely who is a breath of fresh air! The ship is still in good shape and we love the layout. It is too bad that it is leaving the Princess fleet.

So disappointing