Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review

The good and the bad...

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by sjcherico123

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

Let me start with the good. The ship was immaculate. We were able to quickly get into our room and it was spotless along with the rest of the ship. The food was pretty good. JingJing was our server and she made the dining experience amazing. She was AWESOME! Gillian on the rising bar was also amazing. Entertainment as great. Enjoyed Earl Turner, the Aqua show and Cats.

The bad...

We were in the stateroom at the very front of the ship. We could not sleep. Every night around 2am we heard LOUD music with a lot of vibration and bass. We called about it and they said they would send security. This went on every night. When I investigated deeper, we found out something we probably should not have....we were right above the Crew Bar. the crew had a private bar on 6 and the noise was them!

The SPA

I had a lovely 75 minute massage and was extremely relaxed after...until they started the HARD sell. They tried to sell me everything from bath packets to a scrub brush. Made me feel "stupid" for not buying it. They would not give me my sea pass back until they convinced me to buy something. When I left, I was in knots again. I had to raise my voice a little and said "Please give me my sea pass!" I was extremely uncomfortable with the hard sell. Unfortunately, I will never visit a spa on a cruise ship. That was my first and last experience.

The Casino

The casino was PACKED. Way too many people. Only 2 three card poker tables and they were constantly full. Machines were full. There were 5 bartenders behind the bar working their butts off. Gotta respect that.

If I could have slept, I would have been happy but by the last couple of days, I was completely exhausted. I don't think the staff is deserving of a bad review, but they really need to work on that crew bar.

sjcherico123's Full Rating Summary

Cabin was clean and roomy except that the loud music prevented us from sleeping every night. I really struggled with this. Especially since we were all cranky from lack of sleep.

Cozumel

Casino Royal Beach Bash was excellent. GREAT food, GREAT service and wonderful staff.

sjcherico123