3. Norwegian Sky
We booked 4 nt cruise on the Sky two weeks before embarkation after receiving a ridiculously inexpensive "offer". We started in oceanview cabin with 2 free at sea (premium drink package, 1 specialty dining) but were upgraded to balcony on 9th deck after submitting Upgrade Advantage offer of $50pp. THE GOOD *Loved almost all staff, as usual. This time we, surprisingly, had a couple interactions with folks who could best be described as disinterested. we chucked up to a one off. *Cagney's Steakhouse - man, oh man, what a delight. A+. this is pretty much unanimous sentiment from everyone we spoke to who dined there. *Casino Bar - Keith is a WORKER! Very efficient and very kind gentleman. We had a great time spending time in the casino and we even more than broke even the final night. SWEET! *Ship - very clean, nicely upgraded from our last sailing on her a couple years ago. *Room Steward - always solid, in our experience. *MDR - tasty. CRUISE NEXT and CRUISE DIRECTOR - both were very approachable throughout the cruise. Starbucks - I absolutely loved this, the two employees were very nice and hard working. it was only one floor below my room and I loved the short walk to get fresh coffee in the morning. Debarkation - I bet it was only 7 minutes from leaving our room to being on terra firma waiting for Lyft. Amazing. Embarkation - not as efficient as debarkation but it was a very short wait. Nightly Game Shows - we enjoyed a couple of these in the Bliss club area, I recommend it! Art Auction - staff was nice, not overbearing. this was a pretty heavily discounted cruise and I wondered how many folks would purchase cruise art (only a couple). I felt for the auctioneer having to present some pieces for auction that were $2-8k....that's more in the sweet sport for Encore/Bliss folks! ha. THE BAD (actually mediocre) *Buffet - I thought is was decent, but not great like on the Epic/Escape. Part of that is because there isn't as much room in the buffet to offer the Pasta Station/Asian Station/Etc. What we had was fine, however. The UGLY (or the below average, really) *Waitstaff Service - like I said earlier we had a few instances of indifference. First night we decided to hit up The Local for our dinner, just wanted a couple light dishes. We waited 35-30 minutes after we sat ourselves and no one approached us. There was probably 5-6 tables full in the establishment. I'm not a big rabble rouser and certainly didn't try to flag someone down, I prefer to just walk elsewhere. we wound up eating at the late night night buffet in the aft top deck. decent self serve fare. each of us had difficulty getting a drink from different locations, which is really peculiar. im not talking about its busy and wait was a little longer than expected...this was pretty much only person at bar basically being ignored for 5-7 minutes each. We enjoyed our time on the ship. We a sea day following debarkation and GSC was cancelled Day 3...I was very, very excited to get off day 4 in Nassau. Land ho! The Sky is great for folks looking for an inexpensive cruise out of South Florida. I think its 4 nt itinerary was much less a booze cruise than 3 nt sailings, so buyer "beware". The cabins were as good as any I've been in at sea. If I had to nitpick I'd say a lack of drawers in cabin was a shock to wife, but that seems to be the industry standard nowadays. The Captain was out and about multiple days, which was impressive. he was at gangway at debarkation thanking us for sailing ncl, very cool.

Sky high, no alibi

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by havanadaydreaming

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

THE GOOD

*Room Steward - always solid, in our experience.

*MDR - tasty.

Embarkation - not as efficient as debarkation but it was a very short wait.

THE BAD (actually mediocre)

The UGLY (or the below average, really)

havanadaydreaming’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA
Stellar. spotless.

the new shower is a big improvement over previous one where shower curtain repeatedly rubs upon da body....not a single occurrence this time from mrs or me. A+.

loved having 4 movie channels (Action, Family, Drama, Comedy). Nice!

very clean.