3. Celebrity Summit
My husband and I loved the Summit years ago, and it hits a lot of our favorite snorkeling sites. There are many positive changes but NOT to the specialty dining, which is not for me. In the past, we enjoyed the specialty restaurants and service. While enjoying the service and selection of regular dining options, we would NOT especially recommend the Petite Chef and were heartbroken about the change from the Qsine Ipad menu format of the past, which I had looked forward to for a year! My husband enjoyed Tuscan Grill more than I did. I did however, enjoy the food in the main dining room. Service remains at a high standard. Excursions: 2 were cancelled without enough time to find something else, but we enjoyed those days by finding things to do on our own with new cruise friends. BTW, it is easy to do all island visits on your own through the internet and on-shore opportunities. Snorkelers, I am sure you know that many of the reefs are no longer in great shape. So sad. Our best snorkeling was in St. Thomas at Buck Island. I thought we were going on a catamaran but the tour company had the right to switch to a schooner, which I would not do again. If you have any physical difficulty, a catamaran is much easier than a schooner. Embarkation and disembarkation were smooth as silk. Rooms and ship changes: The new bathrooms in the cabins and other changes to the ship are very nice. The outdoor dining area is much easier to traverse as many railings are no longer separating food and seating. Entertainment was very enjoyable and there were plenty of activities. I enjoy the solarium pool a great deal.

Returning to the updated Summit

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Love to cruise 02

Embarkation and disembarkation were smooth as silk.

Love to cruise 02’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Concierge Class 1
Cabin C1
We were upgraded to concierge. Emma, our concierge, is a smart and lovely woman who tries to provide excellent service and gets 5 stars, although something simple we requested was denied by the management as hard as she tried. We wanted a standing 7 pm reservation in the dining room, but she was told no. That seemed petty to us. Not by Emma, but by the dining room management.
There were some little perks with concierge. I do wish that they had kept us midship when upgraded, and not sent us aft.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Beach
    A nice hidden beach and BBQ lunch. Nice service and guide.
  • St. Kitts (Port Zante)
    Our snorkeling trip was cancelled by the ship, again.
    Great visiit to a lovely island though. We found a nice short tour and then proceeded to a beach. Lovely beach, sadly, the reef was i bad shape so no good snorkeling.
    View All 1,727 St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Kitts (Port Zante) Cruise Port Review
  • Schooner Tour
    We expected a catamaran but the fine print said it could be a schooner, which is hard to get in and out of for me. The ship also gave it the wrong name. Instead of Christmas Cove, we went to Buck Island which had great snorkeling, so no complaint here. They should just state exactly which boat and location.
    The tour company did a great job and we were well attended, transported, "watered" and fed. Wink.
    View All 25 Schooner Tour Reviews