Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by jtyler22

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Stayed in an Airbnb about 1 mile from the pier. We were listed to arrive at 1 pm but we arrived at 11 am.

We filled out all of the info online before arriving(cc info, pictures etc....). This was by far and away the easiest and fastest embarkation of any of my past 20 cruises. A five minute wait in the security line and then an agent looked at my passport, scanned my boarding pass and took a picture of me with her tablet. I was now allowed to board the ship. Literally no wait. First time I never had to wait.

Second time on this ship. First time was 10 years ago out of San Juan. Inside cabin with a view of the Promenade. Typical cabin but very little drawer space.

Usually a windjammer buffet in the Caribbean will have outdoor seating. This was disappointing in that it was completely closed in. No outdoor dining at all.

1st night I ordered a Cosmo. A basic drink that was not strong at all. Cost.. $14.16 Just a few years ago I would have paid $7 or $8

Everything about cruising now is about nickel n diming you. Cruising just isn’t the same to me anymore with all of the money grabbing techniques they use now.

Sometimes you just want to relax in your cabin and watch tv or a movie. The tv lineup is awful. You can watch ESPN, CNN, MSNBC or watch a Rcl channel trying to sell you something. If you want to rent a movie for 24 hours, get out $12. If you want room service, it is now $8

10 years ago they had a late night disco where people would gather to dance and drink. That has been replaced with a pay restaurant. Nothing happening at night unless you want to gamble in the casino.

The shows in the theatre consisted of two late night comedians, one of which we lasted all of 7 minutes in his routine. The other shows were a tribute to the Eagles and a juggling act. The juggler was actually really good and funny.

Just a boring ship if you stay up past 8 pm.

You will be asked 100 times if you want to tour the galley. They never mention a price but I finally found out that it is $34 per person to tour the galley at 10:30am with mimosas served afterwards.

Dining was fine. Not sure why I’m the past couple years that it is nearly impossible to get anything to drink other than water. If you ask for tea, be prepared to wait. Just bizarre.

Johnny Rockets was great. I think that was $12 a person.

Beautiful ship with great potential but I don’t see myself returning to RCL again.

jtyler22's Full Rating Summary