3. Vasco da Gama (Cruise & Maritime Voyages)
I chose the four night East Coast Discovery cruise to welcome CMV's Vasco Da Gama to Australia. I was not disappointed. Long a fan of Astor and Columbus for the last couple of years Vasco Da Gama was a test. Sadly the weather turned nasty on Bass Strait and our planned stop at Burnie was cancelled. We stopped for most of the 2nd day at sea at Eden instead. The Capt. had advised of big seas and very strong winds on Bass Strait. No complaints from anyone. Day 3 was however a heavy sea day as we sailed towards Melbourne. The ships stabilizers were working full force and life indoors continued as planned, dining rooms were full of seasoned mariners breakfast lunch & dinner and the food for the whole trip was surprisingly good (compared to what P&O used to dish out on the same ship). Circumstances (back at home) changed for me however and sadly I had to leave the ship in Melbourne to fly home. I was not on the ship for the controlled power black-out off the coast at Port Adelaide on Friday 6th Dec.. Media beat ups of this so-called "disaster" were sad to read. For CMV safety comes first obviously The ship is 26 yrs old and as such obviously will have occasional issues. I could not fault CMV or the Vasco Da Gama for the time I was onboard and look forward to a longer trip in the near future.

Welcome to Australia Vasco Da Gama

Vasco da Gama (Cruise & Maritime Voyages) Cruise Review by ChesterLocksley

The ship is 26 yrs old and as such obviously will have occasional issues.

ChesterLocksley’s Full Rating Summary
Get Vasco da Gama (Cruise & Maritime Voyages) price drops

Single use of a twin/double bedded balcony cabin on Deck 9 aft.
Cabin was spacious and perfectly air-conditioned the whole time. A rather heavy looking dark brown leather sofa was a bit disconcerting on arrival but was comfortable. Deep Balcony with a small table and 2 chairs. Welcome aboard complimentary bottle of Greek wine and a 2 litre bottle of mineral water - and a small kettle and cups/tea/coffee etc.
There was also a basket of fruit and a small plate of canapes.
Bathroom was standard size but contained a spa-bath.
Updated décor since Holland and America and P&O evident.
CMV do offer a generous single/solo passenger fare grade unlike most other Lines