• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Carnival Sunrise Review

Editor Rating

Wonderful, relaxing - don't believe the bad reviews!

Review for Carnival Sunrise to the Bahamas
CruiserTrudi
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Nov 2019
Cabin: Spa Balcony

My 18 year old daughter and I grabbed a deal on a Spa Balcony cabin for the 5 day Bahamas cruise. I was concerned when in the weeks leading up to it I read some horrible reviews. Either Carnival made some serious changes or the people writing to bad reviews are the kind of people that can find anything to complain about (and I saw some of those people on the ship...).

Although there were minor issues/inconveniences, we had an amazing time. Our cabin was the most spacious cabin (and definitely the most spacious bathroom and shower!) of the 3 balcony cabins I have had. The staff on this boat are incredibly attentive and friendly. If you go on this ship, insist on having Novi as your server in the Sunrise dining room. She is a very bright soul who will instantly put you in a good mood.

The Carnival Hub app is a must - you can look at any time of day to see what's going on, and mark the activities you want to do to plan your day and have the app remind you! A bonus was being able to book your dining table.

Spa Balcony

Cabin was spacious, clean and the colours were lovely.

Loved having the robes and the spa towels and toiletries.

The bathroom was very spacious, the most spacious I've experienced.

There was also a fridge in the cabin - didn't even realise that until the last day!!

Find a Carnival Sunrise Cruise from $159