3. Celebrity Edge
On board the Celebrity Edge Voyage details: 24th of November - Western Caribbean Cruise The Edge is one of Celebrity’s flagship vessels and we were very impressed with the chic modern design of the ship. This is our first celebrity cruise and I have to say that it does slot nicely in the Premium “light” category of cruise lines. To provide this review with a bit of context, my cruise history is not as extensive but having cruised with Cunard (QM2 and QV) and being a big foodie, I’d like to think that I would be able to provide a fairly accurate review of the Edge with regards to its facilities and dining experience. We had an infinite veranda in the concierge class and the views we had at sunrise and sunset was spectacular. The room itself was quite spacious and had lots of storage capacities. Design was modern and elegant. The technology on board was top notch and innovative with the ability to control lights, tv programs, aircon and other features all from our mobile app. Our cabin attendant was very helpful and friendly. Our cabin was conveniently located to most of the ships amenities and it was very easy to find directions across the ship. The complimentary dining restaurants were all beautifully decorated and had a modern design feel mixed with some traditional features. However, the food was slightly below standard when compared to the beauty of the ship. Having sampled some great restaurants onshore in Fort Lauderdale and Miami, I am perhaps being slightly harsh here but I was expecting better preparation, freshness and quality in the main dining restaurants on board. The buffet restaurant was overcrowded at times and I was hoping for more variety and better quality food (again, please note that I normally only go to well reviewed restaurants on TripAdvisor so my standards/expectations are relatively quite high). The evening shows and entertainment were good (not expecting “Broadway” type of shows in a ship). The main theatre’s capacity was fairly limited though. It’s a new ship and as such all the public areas were modern, nice and clean. The overall feel was definitely like you were in a premium ship, there were plenty of space around the pools to relax and a lot of high end shops on board. Evenings were not too formal or overly posh. Overall, I would say that this ship is beautifully designed and it does have a premium feel atmosphere. Service from the staff was excellent. Shore excursions were good and well organised. Only area of improvement would be the dining facilities and buffet restaurant.

Nice and modern ship