3. Viking Gefjon
This cruise was booked for my husband to spend his birthday on the Danube. We had fabulous weather, no rain for 17 days. Unfortunately we were cruising over Easter which limited some shore activities. The crew were great, very friendly and helpful. Everywhere was spotlessly clean. The food was good quality but a bit weird at times. They must eat some odd things in parts of Germany. We have done ocean cruising and I found our cabin small in comparison. We loved the under floor heating in the shower. There were lots of little extras with viking that made it special. Real champagne for drinks parties for example. The shore excursions were well organised and with one exception we had excellent local guides. The program manager was very funny and told some interesting stories along the way. My main complaint was the sun deck was flattened for five consecutive days. You are told there are times during the cruise when this can be the case, but I think it should have been made clearer.

Excellent first river cruise experience

Viking Gefjon Cruise Review by Tinatwofeet