3. Golden Princess
If you have children DO NOT cruise with Princess. Princess Cruises website purports to cater and look after families but they do not. ENTERTAINMENT AND ACTIVUTIES + SERVICE: staff have NO training or common sense in serving and dealing with children. The staff in the childrens play area/child care centre had absolutely no interest in playing, looking after or even talking to our children. After the 3rd day my son was begging me not to go there. There was no way we could leave our children there. This means that all child activities were non existent and we had to try and entertain the children ourselves without any resources. We had to buy toys in every port. DINING: There was only deep fried food served every night for children. I.e. chicken nuggets and chips, or fish and chips or crumbed pork and chips otherwise it was spicy, or too extravagant for childrens palates. (Don't get me started about mexican night.) There wasn't even spoons available in the dining room small enough to fit in our child's mouth. PORTS AND SHORE EXCURSIONS: We did have moments of enjoyment on the cruise but they were all off and away from the ship at child friendly activities we had to organise ourselves. None of the shore excursions are under 12years child friendly. DISEMBARKATION: Went smoothly until we had to wait an hour and a half for the coach to depart for the airport. A bit worrying when you have a flight to catch. WOULD WE GO AGAIN? Not with Princess cruises. We paid over ten thousand dollars for the worst holiday ever. It was boring, frustrating and hard work with children. SERVICE: I did bring all of these complaints and more to the attention of the front desk supervisor. Apparently emails were sent to each of the departments but we didn't notice any difference and were presented with a child's back pack and 2 x teddy bears as an apology. We felt ripped off and found major discrepancies between the advertised offering and the actual offering received. Majority of their clients are the retired set and their cruise is geared towards them. Please, DO NOT cruise on Princess with children.

Not family friendly.

Golden Princess Cruise Review by FamilyOfFour4

If you have children DO NOT cruise with Princess.

PORTS AND SHORE EXCURSIONS:

None of the shore excursions are under 12years child friendly.

It was boring, frustrating and hard work with children.

Please, DO NOT cruise on Princess with children.
FamilyOfFour4’s Full Rating Summary