3. Norwegian Getaway
Sailed on Getaway in 2015 and had a wonderful experience. With 6 adult children and extended family, holidays are always stressful, so this year we decided to relax and let NCL handle all the cooking. NCL delivered on destinations, entertainment, ship cleanliness and services. Given all the good, the food, food service and bar service failed to meet expectations that were exceeded in my last NCL Cruise. Starting with the bar service. It was just slow. The wait for a drink was very long. I think NCL should have additional bartenders at peak times to provide superior service to its guests. I loved the speciality dining options, but the service and food delivery was disappointing at some of those dinning rooms. Unfortunately the Getaway food staff did not handle food allergies with the focus that I would have expected. Overall the Getaway was a great cruise. The family all had a great time and I would consider sailing on the Getaway again. If NCL would address the short comings of some of the speciality restaurants and braided their staffs knowledge on how to provide seamless excellence service to travelers with food allergies.

Family Thanksgiving