3. Norwegian Escape
I thought this cruise would be the perfect way to experience a larger ship cruise after having been on cruises with Celebrity and Holland America. Unfortunately, the big ship experience means kids, kids, and even more kids. Even in places that were restricted to children (like H20 and the Spa) kids seem to show up! I have nothing against children but I do have something against parents who feel they aren't required to make sure their children behave respectfully to the other passengers. The cruise got off to a rough start when we were given a room with an obstructed view, something I was very specific about with the NCL reservations agent (they changed rooms for us). As a claustrophobe I didn't like the elevators (very dark, like many other areas on the ship), and the two tenders we were forced to take were very unpleasant experiences. I wasn't happy there was no observation lounge like other ships I have been on. The only forward view was in the spa from the tile beds. We did meet some wonderful staff, except for our cabin steward who seemed upset most of the time. Great entertainment and food made up for much of it, but it will definitely be our last Norwegian cruise.

Too many children!

twobills’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Aft-facing Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1
Cabin was fine, but it was the smallest balcony room I have had on any ship. Balcony was smallest as well with only two chairs and a very small table. I did like the layout of the bathroom. The main closet was difficult to access because the pullout couch was too close to it.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins