3. Norwegian Sky
Went on this 4 night Thanksgiving cruise with my girlfriend. It was booked pretty much last minute so we could only get an inside cabin, which is fine. Overall, it was a fun Thanksgiving cruise. The food selection wasn't stellar- I felt like it could have been more quality food served. Why are the appetizers so small? There were a few incidents where they cooks had the wrong signs for food- I almost ate pork thinking it's a veggie dish! this needs to be strictly enforced and I was very disappointed. Kosher Food- I asked for Kosher food before and they told me I have to give the cruise line a 30 day notice, which I couldn't since I booked this 2 weeks prior. Fitness Center- It was surprisingly spacious with modern equipment, a lot of cardio machines and free weights. There was also a whole studio for other activities there. Ocean view is great. Beats most hotels I went to. Hot Tubs- I was under the impression that this ship went through a recent renovation? This ship could definitely use another upper deck pool. And only 4 hot tubs that fit 5 people for this whole ship? too few. Need to add at least 5 more to make it feasible. Also, why is no one watching the minimum age to get into the hot tub? There was a toddler IN DIAPERS that went in there. Pretty disgusting. Drinks package- if I'm paying so much for the drinks package: why isn't Starbucks included? the quality of the buffet coffee was really bad, I don't feel like I should pay extra for Starbucks. The same goes for Red bull or other items. The drinks themselves were actually good. Internet- we are in 2019 and I think it's ridiculous to charge for WiFi. And even if you do- offer an unlimited package and not 120 minutes of usage. You gotta do something about it. OnBoard credit- Apparently I had some onboard credit when I saw my statement- would have been nice to know before my cruise started so I could have used it... Gift shop- wanted to buy makeup removing wipe for my girlfriend, but the only option was a $60 brand bottle and no wipes,nothing else. A nicer variety of product, smaller too, would go along way. Shows- The comedian wasn't good at all and they cancelled a show last minute. I don't feel like entertainment is a priority on the older ships, unlike the newer ones. Latitude Rewards- So I'm at Bronze with 11 points after this cruise... which means in order to move to Silver and start actually getting some discounts and benefits - I have to get to 25. So at least 2 long cruises or 4 short ones. Bronze level should get more respect or make the transition to Silver easier. Great Stirrup Cay- Overall it was nice, I liked that experience. They serve drinks and food as part of your package and if you book in advance you can go on excursions.

Solid cruise experience, but could be much improved

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by teleton11

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside

teleton11’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IC
Cabin has a king bed made out of two small beds. I wish these cabins would come with an iron instead of having to ask for one. decent size for a cruise ship. 32" LCD TV coming off the wall. Shower is pretty small but what can you expect... I was very close to the kids arcade and until roughly 9pm we kept hearing kids running around and noises from the arcade, so be aware of where you're room is.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins