3. Norwegian Sky
I was so excited to go on the Thanksgiving cruise on the Sky with my dad, his wife, and my three kids. CHECK IN Check in took a while, but it wasn't a crazy excessive amount of time... we were just really hungry so would have appreciated food and drinks. I told the staff at check in that our rooms were on different floors, but of course they weren't able to help. We boarded on floor 6, which I thought was awesome since I had a 6th floor room. But not exactly. I had to go to the 7th floor and take stairs down to 6a so we had to put all our luggage in the 8th floor room. FOOD We ate at the buffet for breakfast and lunch and one of the complimentary restaurants for dinner. I booked 6pm restaurant reservations for each night; I was told only 6pm and 8:45pm were available? There wasn't much I wanted to eat at the buffet. For breakfast, I had yogurt and a muffin. For lunch, I had either a hamburger or hot dog every day since there weren't any other choices I liked. The desserts were terrible. The dining room food wasn't bad; I'm super picky, and there was something I could eat every night. My daughter loved the fettucine alfredo and onion soup; my faves were the eggplant parmagiana and bruschetta (obviously, they're good with the Italian!) We usually skipped desserts in the dining room since the service was so slow. SERVICE The service in our room wasn't great... we think it was because we were on the elusive floor 6a. We were interrupted for cleaning two days at 1pm-ish when we were resting in the room. Some days we didn't get towels because of this. The service in the dining room was terrible. One night, it took half an hour to get a menu and most nights we had a wait a super long time to get the basket of rolls. Strangely, the left side of the restaurant had terrible staff, but when we sat on the right side, it was better. I thought it was weird that at many breakfasts/lunches we were surrounded by Norwegian staff eating. ROOM One word -- 6a. On the plus side, we had a good time making fun of the room the whole time. There was no elevator and only one staircase down that went to our room. To get to my kids' room on the 8th floor, we had to climb to the 7th floor and then walk through the casino which was so so smoky and climb another flight. The bed was the most uncomfortable I've EVER slept on, and I woke up sore each morning. I thought it was me, but my 15-year old daughter agreed. We also slept with the two beds pushed together, which we had not requested. CRUISE ACTIVITIES The cruise director was awesome and had a great personality. We often saw him around the boat. We did all the trivia sessions, and the cruise staff was pretty good although there were no winners or losers :) We had a stamp card for our activities and were able to redeem the stamps for stuff before we left.

Pros and Cons to Sailing the Sky

psteinik’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OH
See above. DO NOT BOOK A ROOM ON THE 6TH FLOOR! In addition, to the strange location, the room was super loud. Not sure what was going on.
International Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins