• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

conkshell47
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jun 2019
Cabin:

This was a cruise billed as Sicilian Food and Wine Experience. Not only was there no Sicilian meals, only one night with specialty wines from Sicily. It was extremely disorganized, nobody knew anything, and nobody tried to solve any problems. Extremely rude excursion staff. Very argumentative when we were booked on a tour that we tried to cancel. When I showed them documents that stated their rules on cancellation the reply was that I did it with the home office and they don't talk to them! Overall food was disappointing, ports were good, but visited only one vineyard. There was a enrichment with a lady that was an expert on Sicilian food, but no food. No lectures on wine. One night had a wine tasting and waiters Brought wrong ones for the different courses. Not enough glasses, was an epic failure. I wrote up two surveys one on board and one from home. As there was much conversation among the guests about how poorly the cruise was done we were not the only ones. I would say 99% felt. We were not delivered what Was advertised and no one from Ponan answered my concerns.

Port Reviews

Taormina (Messina)

Visited the mountain, and a vineyard.

Trapani

Walked on our own. Lovely port

3 Helpful Votes