3. Regal Princess
This was our 8th Princess cruise and 2nd on the Royal (plus 1 on the Regal) and we just absolutely love it. First off we love Princess and we really like the royal class ships. We felt that this was are all-around best Princess cruise so far from the standpoint of the whole experience...the food really was good on this particular cruise and we thought the service was very good, however, since the move into Medallion Class I think they tend to depend on it a little more as far as ordering on deck and such (and actually it doesn't work most of the time) so it can be a bit harder to find someone to grab you a drink while on the pool decks, especially if you go to the slightly quieter spots we enjoy. As usual the bartenders and waiters in every venue were just incredibly good and work so hard at making our cruise memorable....Thank You!!!! Our cabin steward was awesome! Very efficient and often unseen until something was needed and then she magically appeared....it was quite amazing! Our room was wonderful in in perfect shape on arrival and kept to a high standard throughout our stay. The beds were fantastic! As I said the food was a delight (after not be quite as happy with it on our last cruise in 2018). The quality in the Main Dinning room was off the chart good and we also, as we usually do, had fantastic meals in the Crown Steakhouse and Sabatini's (love the new menu in Sabatini's). Alfredo's was fantastic as always and in fact we even did dinner there one night. Because we were trying to cut way back on breakfast this cruise we found ourselves a bit less in the Buffet area, however, what we did do there was always quite nice and one evening I enjoyed a wonderful made to order bowl of Pho! International cafe was fantastic, however, I thought the offerings may have been a bit less. We don't usually do the production shows in the theater but we loved the 3 nights of comedians and thought they were some of the best we've seen. We enjoyed music at many venues throughout the ship and on the last night they did something new in the Piazza with a number of their musicians doing a Classic Rock Show that easily was the best show we have seen on a ship. Also, one night had a couple of classical musicians who really were good. We also enjoyed a few evenings of Movie Under the Stars which is always fun to do. The Western Caribbean is not ever our first choice (we couldn't pass up the special price we got) and Jamaica is a complete waste of time (it was a rainy day anyway) but the vendors just ruin the experience and if I never set foot there again it will be to soon. Grand Cayman is always a nice stop to do a little shopping, enjoy a drink or lunch, take in some beach sunshine, we had a nice morning there. Princess Cays is a favorite (although I'm not thrilled with the new way of unloading) and we made this our beach day with just a Clam Shell and 2 chairs and plenty of cocktails! Cozumel was a lot of fun and we did something new in buying a day pass to Nochi Cocum Beach Club and spent the day there enjoying a fantastic beach, some wonderful food and drinks, and just chilling out. We also enjoyed the new port shopping area and had a great time looking around there. Our embarkation and disembarkation could not have been easier. We arrived the day before in Fort Lauderdale, left the hotel at 11:00 am for the 10 minute trip to the port and were having lunch at Alfredo's on the ship at 11:40! On our return we used Easy Luggage to get rid of our bags and thus requested a late disembark so we stayed in our room until 8 am, went up and had breakfast and relaxed and finally left the ship at 9:15 and were picking up a taxi by 9:45 and on our way. Oh, also, for the first time in 14 cruises I had the opportunity to visit the medical bay while having and ear problem (which a wonderful doctor fixed) and I could not be more impressed with the entire facility was and how great the service was. That being said I hope to never visit it again!!! A couple of things: we always do the drink package and while we do not drink heavily we do always come out ahead when you figure in the specialty coffees, soda pop, and drinks we have, however, at the ripe old age of 55 we have decided to no longer do the drink package simply because the challenge just makes us to tired and will go back to the old way of doing (we will just do the soda package). Second, I see the complaints on Cruise Critic and since I am in the Hospitality business I know that people have expectations, however, I can honestly say after 14 cruises my wife and I have never had a bad cruise (or anything close to it) and while "things" have happened that maybe weren't perfect I still always return home and think of how lucky I just was to be on an incredible ship, in the middle of the ocean, with people waiting on me hand and foot, enjoying all the food and drink that I can and being entertained from dawn until late at night and any little slight mishaps are long forgotten and I am already thinking of the next adventure at sea. So my advice is to enjoy and not sweat the little stuff and just remember how lucky you are!

Another Amazing Cruise With Princess!

Regal Princess Cruise Review by Culinarycruiseguy

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

Culinarycruiseguy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB
R323 is a wonderful cabin and convenient to numerous areas. We usually stay on the Lido deck but had an upgrade to a mini-suite and really liked being on the Riviera Deck. It was very quiet and we do like the mini-suite when we are able to do them, my wife loves to have a tub! The bed was fantastic and I loved that they had removed the silly extra barrel chair.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins