• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2010
Cabin:

This cruise isn't for everyone - just those who like to have fun. The food was good, sometime great - never cold or tasteless. Yes, I ran into a couple of staff members that were a little snootie - but no one that mattered. The dining room service could be faster. Sometimes you have to time it just right to get an evening hot beverage - so ... We learned to workaround the things that we weren't use to on an American style cruise.

We loved the entertainment team - they made you have a good time - if you don't have a good time - you probably are a watcher and not a doer. Generally, I watch. Not this time... My sister tried several of the new dances they taught, I was in the parade (definitely out my comfort zone) - it was a blast - silly outfit and all! Oh yeah, I was in the dance contest - I did the Tango and more... Interesting since I don't know how to do the Tango - must have been the rum! Every night we went to our favorite place the Zebra lounge. The Eteam would ask everyone to dance - fat, old, mean looking... didn't matter - they tried to make everyone have fun. Truthfully, I didn't start participating until the second week. I had fun the first week - but the second week was the most fun I have ever had on a cruise.

We loved St. Maarten's Beach - The French side. Warm water and lots of fun in the waves. We climbed the Dunn's River Falls- that was fun also. The excursions were reasonably priced and worth more than we paid.

The room was excellent. We had a window with a tender near it. No problem.

The room Stewars were great.

previous reviewnext review