• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

michelesophie
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Nov 2019
Cabin:

To sail in Assam down the wide and wonderful Brahmaputra at sunset is a magic like no other. Balm for the soul. The antithesis of city living .

The whole thing was a treat: the empty beauty of this ever changing riverscape as well as the grace and aimiability of these resourceful village tribes people, constantly made aware of the bounty of nature - and its opposite, the very real threat of destruction specifically via monsoon and land erosion. Hardworking people - a privilege to meet them all - and yes, the jute factory too was an experience in harsh reality. Dickensian. Our eyes opened and interest stimulated.

We stopped too for the Khaziranga National Park - getting up so early to get there, seeing the kids on their way to school at 6am - seriously. As well as all manner of animals ( for instance the incongruous looking Indian one horned rhino... seeing is believing), the park was teeming with birds. I can normally never distinguish them on the trees, but with the aid of a patient guide and excellent binoculars hired from our boat - I saw a myriad of beautiful birds.

The cabin was fine. 2 single beds. Storage for our clothes was fine

I felt the bathroom could have been upgraded - but the shower was good, there is space for your toiletries, a large illuminated magnifying mirror, a good hairdryer and purified water.

Find a cruise