3. Celebrity Infinity
Pro's The staff everywhere on the ship were upbeat and friendly. The ship was very clean and well maintained. I liked my cabin. The fresh carved meat on the buffet was not dry The Steak and Chips in the main dining room was amazing. The Crème Brûlée in the main dining room was excellent. The desserts in the Café were always good. The skewered chicken with yogurt dipping sauce from room service was good. Debarkation was fast. Con's Boarding the ship was held up for over 3 hours with no official explanation and the rooms still were not ready. They were out of a lot of beverages on the menus. They said they did not restock yet. The buffet had the same pizza, sandwich, pasta, and Asian food stations every day. There was very little variety. The Asian section was the same similar Indian food for EVERY meal. Any meat on the buffet that was not fresh carved or stewed was dried out and flavorless. They removed the iced tea selections in the Café The Café always had 3 staff members being served ahead of you. Most of the daily activities were trying to sell you something or cost a fee. ANY internet package was outrageously priced, continuous, and guest relations would not help with any issues with it. I entered the Constellation lounge mid-day of a port and was told I had to be an elite guest to be in there. There were no signs or explanations. At night the servers in the Constellation lounge spent more time socializing with each other than serving the guests drinks. For that you had to go to the bar. The pool bartenders served me the wrong drinks many times Viewing your bill on your TV was difficult and staticky. The stations were choppy. Room service was not good. I arrived shortly after 11 am. I went through security quickly, then waited in a short line for over 3 hours. On the way in the suit guests were complaining that priority boarding was canceled. I tried telling them how good the Celebrity cruises are. Boy do I feel like a fool now. After boarding I went to drop off my luggage in my room but it was not ready at 2:30 pm. I went to the buffet for a quick bite. I took the elevator to the 10th floor and was stopped by the spa staff trying to sell. I saw an Asian section and thought Chinese food sounds good. I saw that it was Indian food, but I like Indian and it was ok. I went back to my room passing more spa staff trying to sell. I made it to my room and waited for the 3 pm muster drill so I could start my exploration. My room was nicer than I expected, clean, and in good repair. Sometime after 3 they made an announcement that due to the delay the muster drill would be at 4. Around 4:30 I went to the Theater for the muster drill. The staff seamed extremely disorganized and confused. I ate every disappointing breakfast and lunch at the buffet. The food was always the same and most was dry and overcooked. When I asked why there was the same Indian food every meal, they told me there were about 400 people from India on board so they changed the menu to suit them. I wish I knew. I like Indian food, but this was way too much. I tried the pool grill and the fries were cold. I wanted a variety not the same food every meal. I checked the menus in the main dining room, but they were nothing special. Ordering room service from the TV was difficult. There were no beverages on the breakfast room service menu. The system will let you order from the regular menu during breakfast time but you will get a call saying you must have made a mistake this is breakfast time and you cannot order that. The club sandwich had very little meat on only half of the sandwich and was falling apart. The cake tasted like it had chemicals in it. I ate in the main dining room for all dinners. The courses were small and the flavor was ok to good for most. The Steak and Chips was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. The food waiters were excellent. It was often hard to find the bar or sommelier server, but they were friendly. They did not have some of the iced teas or beers on the menus for the entire cruise. They told me they had not restocked yet. The poolside bartenders would often bring me the wrong drink. The Cafe al Bacio had always been my favorite place on a Celebrity cruse. I like stopping for a coffee on-the-go throughout the day and relaxing with one of their amazing made to order iced teas while looking out at the ocean. The iced tea page had been removed and when I order it anyway, I received hot tea with 2 glasses of ice. I ended up with warm watered-down tea. The sitting area was hot, I do not know if the ac was not working or they just did not have it on. I ordered a frozen coffee and it was foamy like it was made with an instant milkshake mix. All future orders were ordered hot or over ice. I went into the Michael's Club and was told it was for suite guests only. It did say private club on the door. I thought that was where I had to go to get the premium beer, I paid for in my beverage package. I entered the Constellation lounge mid-day of the port and was told I had to be an elite guest to be in there. There were no signs or explanations and you can go in at night. I felt I should start worrying where I was exploring. I felt there was very little to do that was not going to cost me more money. I purchased an hour of internet for $25 thinking I could check messages twice a day for 5 minutes but found out it was a continuous. I went to the internet cafe to talk to someone but there were signs stating I had to go to the shops, to talk, for any help. When I explained to the person there, they told me they would give me another hour starting now. I was on vacation and did not want to spend a continuous hour on the internet. I went to guest relations who told me they could not help me there I had to go to the shops. I told them I had been there and THEY were guest relations bring me someone to fix this. They called someone who after arguing with them on the phone, finally refunded my money. That all took a wasted hour of my vacation. I joined a slot pull that was set up on the roll call. We put about $500 into a wheel of fortune machine and did not get one spin. On the last day of the cruise I felt more pushed to finish everything than any other cruise. During my last breakfast they were out of most beverages I tried to order. Disembarkation was fast. I am very disappointed. Celebrity had been my favorite cruise line. When shopping for a cruise, I always looked a Celebrity first. I always thought it was a step up from the others I have been on. This was so bad; I will never go on one again. This is very sad to me. I will now put them on my avoid list. This was a 4-day cruise and I could have gone on a few 7-day cruises for less money. I so wish I had.

Disappointed with Celebrity changes

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by chamless

Pro's

The staff everywhere on the ship were upbeat and friendly.

The ship was very clean and well maintained.

I liked my cabin.

The fresh carved meat on the buffet was not dry

The Steak and Chips in the main dining room was amazing.

The Crème Brûlée in the main dining room was excellent.

The desserts in the Café were always good.

The skewered chicken with yogurt dipping sauce from room service was good.

Debarkation was fast.

Con's

The Asian section was the same similar Indian food for EVERY meal.

They removed the iced tea selections in the Café

The Café always had 3 staff members being served ahead of you.

Most of the daily activities were trying to sell you something or cost a fee.

The pool bartenders served me the wrong drinks many times

Room service was not good.

chamless’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

My room was nicer than I expected, clean, and in good repair.
  Celebrity Infinity Deck Plans