• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Nov 2019
Cabin:
Traveled with children

Just got back from the 7 day cruise. Parked across the street in the inside garage. Got inside early around 11 am. On our passes it said that we can board starting 10:45 am. Started boarding after 12:30 pm because the ship apparently didn't have clearance to board people.We were suppose to have 2 tween beds in a room plus a sofa bed. Entering the room and seeing upper bunk bed as the 3rd bed. Went to the customer service who explained to us that people who help you make reservation over the phone do not know anything about the room. I am confused, what is the point of me making reservation over the phone. Met a lady who was a part of group of 3, and they had the same problem. She had to climb every night on the bunk bed.

Restaurant. Help me understand this. I went on several Carnival cruises. My time dining is for people who want to come at any time to eat dinner. Carnival has a designated restaurant for people like that. I thought Royal Caribbean does too. To my surprise our restaurant was for people with "My time dining" and also for people who made reservation before the cruise. So these people were seated first. First 2 days we spent 30-45 min waiting to be seated. On the third day they started taking people and asking them to go to a different restaurant on a different floor because they ran out of space. Their excuse was that this is a Thanksgiving cruise and they have a lot of large families.

Parts of the Promenade deck 5 were constantly closed off by photographers. There are few glow bridges and pretty stairs, but they closed them every night to take pictures. Why are people spend thousand of dollars on the cruise, if they can not even use parts of the ship or take their own pictures or walk on the bridges.

Port Reviews

Cozumel

Bunch of shops that sell the same stuff.

7 Helpful Votes