3. Norwegian Dawn
Let me start with the best things about this ship. It is not that large so its easy to get around and locate everything. Freestyle dining and choice is good. Most of the food was good. Dining areas are kept clean. • The cabin was cleaned at least twice a day. • Children were pretty much well behaved and watched by their parents. • Most of the people we encountered were nice to talk to. • Getting off at the ports and coming back was easy. • Coming back to ice-cold infused water and cool towels was really nice. Now for the not so good/horrible things. Let me say this. I know this is probably one of Norwegian's oldest ship's and it is due for a complete refurb, so some of the things may be because of this but a few things as a cruiser I expect and look forward to. So if you are like me and look forward to a different towel animal place on your bed daily on this ship you’ll be disappointed. No cute little towel animals given; not even once! One towel and one washcloth per person. I was like how am I supposed to wash my face! Do not I repeat do not get up to go to the bathroom in the dark! I hit my head on the low sitting bunk bed rack twice. The toilet flushing water pressure was extremely low. We had to pour water using the glasses in the bathroom in the toilet before flushing in order for the slightest use to go down. Talked to some other ladies in the ships public bathrooms (which smelled like sewer) who said they were experiencing the same issues in their cabins. Must be a ship issue. That was the most annoying thing. Another issue on this older ship is the hallways seem to be little narrower than normal. You have to wait for people to pass or move to the side. The main dining room/freestyle restaurants always required a wait no matter what time we came. It was only two of us. I never had this issue on any other NCL ships I’ve gone on. The wait was so long for one they gave us a voucher for free drinks. The four elevators take forever to arrive and once they do you have to hold it open because you only have a few seconds to get on before it closes. This is all of them; AFT, Mid-Ship and FWD. In summary, out of all the cruises I have done so far this ship was my least favorite. I had more fun at the port stops than on the ship which made up for the disappointment.

Not my Favorite

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by CrusinMema

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Inside

• The cabin was cleaned at least twice a day.

• Children were pretty much well behaved and watched by their parents.

• Most of the people we encountered were nice to talk to.

• Getting off at the ports and coming back was easy.

• Coming back to ice-cold infused water and cool towels was really nice.

CrusinMema’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IE
Very small room and tiny bathroom. Toilet does not fill up with water or flush properly. You will have to add water before flushing. If sleeping in the bed to the left there is a bunk on top. It is very low so be careful because you may hit your head.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins