3. Norwegian Sun
Me, my 2 teens, my GF and her 2 teens went on cruise over Thanksgiving. Service and staff were great. Very friendly and helpful. We had an interior and GF and her kids had mini suite. I was a little nervous at first glance of the interior bc it was 2 twin beds and a couch but there was not enough room to pull out the couch. I thought there was a mix up. On our booking page on NCL website it had a stock photo of the interior room and it said sleeps 3/4 and looked like it had one of those pull down beds. I asked the room steward and he said he would get 3rd bed made up in the evening. He basically took the cushions off the couch and added some bedding. It wasn't bad but the room was just too small. I thought the food in the MDRs was really really good. I am a picky eater and there were always a couple apps and a couple entrees I wanted to order. Breakfast in the MDR is 100X better than the buffet. I wasn't disappointed in any of the meals in the MDRs. I thought the MDR food was much better than the last few Carnival cruises I have been on. The buffet on the Sun is a bit blah and is very crowded. I did find some Asian dishes on the buffet that were decent. Tip - upon boarding don't let them steer you to the outside buffet at the back of the ship, This just had hamburgers and hot dogs and some other lame items. The indoor buffet is much better. Also, I was astounded how many people opted for the craziness of the buffet vs going to sit down MDR. The MDR were never crowded but we ate fairly early - between 6-7. Alcohol is very expensive. The ultimate beverage package is like $95/day (before tips I think). I didn't get it and opted for the self-assist rum runner package (lol) which lasted most of the cruise. I did get a classic margarita (maybe 8 Oz) and it was $15. Only big gripe relates to the sports bar. I am a big college football fan. Me an my son went there on Friday after Thanksgiving to watch college football. It was late afternoon and they were not serving food. The ship only gets ONE sports channel. They showed the Turkish basketball league on all 10+ TVs in the sports bar. The next day (Saturday)was even bigger day for college football. They had European soccer on. I asked someone and he said they only show NFL games. Fortunately we were in port and found a Hooters in Cozumel to watch the big game. Overall it is a nice ship, nothing fancy, but nice. Again the food in the MDR was really good. I didn't have any problems aside from being charged for a couple sodas at dinner while having the soda package but they cleared those off no problem. I would do this cruise again but get a balcony room.

Very Nice Cruise - Impressed with NCL

RobinKY’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IC
Too small for adult and 2 messy teens.
Viking Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins