3. Koningsdam
We booked this cruise as a romantic couples cruise. Food and service were the highlights of our cruise and I would rate them as excellent. The Koningsdam is a fairly new ship and very nice. I need the internet for work also during a cruise. I therefore booked the best internet package possible. Unfortunately, the internet was either extremely slow (felt like an AOL dial-up years ago) or not available at all. This was very frustrating as I had booked a similar package on NCL on a prior cruise and had a fantastic experience (high speed and continuous availability). My impression is that HAL's target customers do not use the internet so they don't invest in proper technology. For this reason alone, I would not cruise with them again. The entertainment program was very disappointing. We had looked forward to experiencing the American Test Kitchen, however we learned onboard that it was not operational during our cruise. The main stage program consisted of comedians and a magician. There was a dance show we didn't see and we very much enjoyed the BBC show with the ship orchestra. It certainly appears as though HAL is trying to save money with this entertainment program. As a minor point, I would like to mention that not all onboard events were shown in the HAL app. The listings in the app were inconsistent with the gym offering or the mixology classes offered for example.

Internet not working/entertainment disappointing