3. Emerald Star
Selected this river because it was on our bucket list. We chose Emerald Waterways because of the cities, rooms, dining, and price. We had an amazing cruise and a fabulous time. The cabin room was everything we wanted; plenty of room and very nicely appointed. The dining was pretty darn good. Breakfast buffet and made to order - you decide. Lunches were very much based upon the local cuisines. Same with dinner. My only problem with dinner was deciding which entree I wanted. On numerous nights; I just ate two entrees. The on shore tours which cam with the cruise were very good. Each was given by locals who really knew the city and wanted to share as much as possible. I never felt that I should have done one of those extras that cost additionally. The walking tour of Passau was probably my favorite. The “private” concert in Vienna was simply memorable; the music, the opera singers..... that we paid extra for, but worth it. The crew was very attentive; always there but never in the way. Passengers were a fun group. The only consideration I’d share is to really weigh the outside balcony. It’s nice but we never really used it, other than to stand out and look. They are really too small to really sit out on and enjoy. I think a room without the balcony but with the French window that opens halfway is more than adequate. And you really don’t need the balcony table and chairs that some rooms have inside the rooms. Bottom line...... I’d do this again. And I’d choose Emerald Waterways for a different river.

Amazing Cruising on the Danube

Emerald Star Cruise Review by RickFleck

RickFleck’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Star price drops

Great. The daily laundry service was especially helpful. The bathroom sink was a little small and we always ended up with water on the floor.