3. Norwegian Escape
This was my first NCL cruise and have cruised Princess, Royal Caribbean one time each and 7 Carnival cruises. I chose this cruise for the ports, pricing and the date. The ship was very clean and crew very friendly. The pools were too crowded to ever get in to or even find a spot to lay by the pool in the sun. The hot tubs were always full and were a no go as well. The internet was down for a day and the ability to make reservations from your rooms did not work either so standing in lines was the only way to make them. ( no biggie on that for me) I thought the food in buffet for breakfast and lunch was very good but dinners always upset my stomach and were not very appealing. The dinners in dining rooms were a bit better but not as good as other cruise ships I have been on. I was not used to making reservations for entertainment and missed out on most shows due to them filling up fast. Smoking areas limited to 2 spots unless you want to play in the casino. No smoking in the casino unless you were spending money. There was nowhere to lay out with a cocktail and a smoke like other cruise ships. You are forced to smoke in 2 areas without lounge chairs. Not my idea of relaxing... We had a huge issue getting off the ship in Roatan. It really was miserable. I have no idea if the ship was at fault or the port but it was seriously ridiculous. It took 3 hours to get off the ship. We were told was due to a RC ship using the tenders but the Symphony of the seas was docked. Our excursion was set at 12:20 and we went to the meeting place to get off ship at 9:30 and finally walked on to the port at 12:18. Many people gave up and just stayed on the ship. We had 6:00 PM reservations in the spa and got in line to get back on the ship at 4:40. It took us until 5:55 to get back on board so we gave up our spa night as we hadn't eaten, showered etc. So we lost 3 hours of being at port due to tender issues and missed a spa appointment for possibly the same reason? I've never seen or had issues like this before. Next stop Belize.....it took 90 minutes to get off the ship. The crew blamed the port....no idea whose issue it was. We also did not leave the port of Miami until maybe 7:00 PM instead of 4:00. No idea what the real story was but were told due to too many ships trying to leave at same time....okay....never had that issue before. Now, this is certainly not the ships fault but apparently we were above the holding cell on the ship and a incredibly drunk violent woman was beating on the walls, bars and screaming her head off from 6:30 until after 11:00 PM Thanksgiving night. It took about 4 calls and getting security into our room 4 times before we found out what was going on. We thought someone had fallen into a life boat and was beating on the ship screaming for help to get back in or someone was trapped in an area and they were in danger. It was horrid!! My daughter, age 15 was terrified thinking someone was getting raped. It was non stop almost 5 hours. It took 3 hours to finally be told what was going on. We were offered a balcony room at 11:00 PM that night. Which was Thursday. I was not excited to move at 11:15 PM and said if she calmed down we would stay in our room, which we did for the remainder of the cruise. Had this happened earlier in the cruise we would have moved and do appreciate the offer but I seriously did not appreciate thinking for 3 hours someone was being raped, or trapped somewhere and in danger. We never had towa-gami for my daughter which I was excited for her to have and that has never happened on other cruises. But it was a very lovely ship with very nice crew members.

Pros and cons