• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2019
Cabin: Yacht Club Royal Suite

MSC

25 cruises later, worse experience ever on board the very underwhelming MSC Meravilgia. Where do we start?

We stayed in the Royal Suite, one of two on the ship, in the Yacht Club, $18K USD for a 17-day Transatlantic cruise. It was myself and my 26-year-old son. From a negative embarkation experience with an argumentative and unprofessional cabin steward, it basically went downhill from there. No working A/C and our deck hot tub was cold (for the entire trip, save for technician after technician coming and them giving us so many stories, we couldn’t keep them straight). Many days of voicing concerns got us nowhere. That’s just two issues out of the dozens we experienced with service. Most staff pays lip service and doesn’t follow up. My son couldn’t even get real cream for his coffee. We went to port and got it ourselves.

Yacht Club Royal Suite

If the heat and A/C worked... and hot tub actually got hot... it might not have been so bad! Oh, right, I forgot that we were on the front corner, and the wind was so loud at night, it was difficult to sleep. A constant howling through the patio doors.

Port Reviews

Copenhagen

We didn't get off the ship

Find an MSC Meraviglia Cruise from $229