3. Norwegian Sky
We just got back from a cruise on the Norwegian sky. It was very disappointing. Our first cruise with NCL and will be our last. To be transparent we just had gotten off Royal Caribbean’s Navigator of the seas. We did a 4 night cruise then after getting into port of Miami we jumped on the sky with my folks. Thought it would be a good opportunity to compare cruise lines. The two ships are not equivalent so I won’t put my biased review on the ship amenities. My review of the sky is based on the service and the food. First off, the food was poor. Cafeteria quality. So so. It was ok but boring and a lot of repetition. Breakfast was the same each morning. Eggs were not very good. Watery and just not a lot of flavor. The omelette bar was ok but they seemed not very firm and you had to ask for extra cheese. The dining rooms were decent food but we thought the deserts were hit and miss. Some were ok. Others were awful. We were very disappointed with the excursion experience or lack of excursion. We had it scheduled and the night before the excursion they canceled. The desk was closed that night and by the next morning when we were able to get to desk the excursions available were departing and we missed the opportunity. What was even more frustrating was when I told the gal I was very frustrated she rudely said they can cancel any time. She didn’t seem to care and didn’t even work to make us happy or work to make it right. Entertainment on the ship was lame for us. Comedian wasn’t that funny. The venues for some of the shows were crowded and I couldn’t figure why they didn’t have it in the large theater that had nothing going on at the times these shows were going on. At the end after disembarkation they have no bathroom in terminal c and b outside if security checkpoint. You have to go across the street to the c parking ramp in a small white trailer that isn’t very well marked. Overall I was so disappointed with this experience. The customer service wasn’t all that good. Crew didn’t seem happy or helpful. They didn’t keep up with the dirty dishes and attending to the needs of the customers. Bar tenders weren’t as flashy or happy. Maybe because we were just drinking soda and not booze.

Awful Food and Service.

KennyD104’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OA
Room was decent. Bathroom was dark and toilet stopped working a couple times. Had a cold shower on day 2. Outlet cover fell off in the bathroom. And the lighting was uneven in the room. Room attendant didn’t do any towel animals. Not a lot of closet storage.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins