3. Carnival Glory
Parking cost was the first shock , 140 dollars ! But it was covered and very convenient. Getting on board was quick and easy , but we were confused as we were an hour early but we missed our group boarding time. was watching the game and yelling who dat . Nobody would stop talking . The crew kept trying to say no phones .... Nobody could hear or see a thing. My first cruise and I came away not knowing anything . Cookie the director was giving instructions that anybody who wanted to listen , could not because of all the noise . The crew member giving the life vest demonstration was so short bless him I couldn’t see him and people all around me were all saying the same thing . One of our suitcases went missing . We went to guest services multiple times and waited but the lines were so long we left . At one point a porter went past us with a trolley full of luggage ( including ours) I followed him and tried to retrieve it. He would not give it to me and told me to go to guest services . At almost 10 pm after a final wait in line of one and a half hours ( almost 5 hours in total wait time) I finally got to the counter and talked to girl ( who had to get permission from her manager) to take me to the room a few feet away to get the case. The lines were so long at mealtimes we never got to eat once at the restaurant. Buffet was great . Our only complaint was extremely small portions which meant respirated trips. Coffee stations were closed when buffets were. Only leaving one open 24 hours . It was really hard to find drink or food late at night . The pizza was open but the lines again were long and they could not keep up. Guys Burgers was great but the fries were burnt every time . Ice cream stations were continually empty, or not working. Eating areas were spotless and staff were all hard working and polite. The ships layout was extremely confusing and the elevators were a nightmare . The air conditioning at the shows was very cold . The cigarette smoke in the casino area was choking. The bunk beds were a little tight . Our shower flooded the entire bathroom every day and the cabin and our clothes smelt musty . Our cabin staff were friendly and the room was spotless . Several panels were out in the ceiling. We had a huge fan by our room trying to dry out the carpet for the last four days. The crew were working to repair something the first three but obviously they failed and gave up . Some people we met actually had their cabin flood from burst pipes. By mid week the sewerage smell was really bad over a lot of the ship. The shows were fabulous and the Veteran tribute was humbling and dignified. A few of the comedians were ok, but nothing to right home about . Only one was really funny. Young unattended children were on the stairs and sitting in the stairwells 24/7 . Many were running in the halls well past midnight . Huge groups of teenagers took up half the seating in certain areas all day and evening. We were not given wristbands on one excursion so hence we could not get onto the beach or pool. We had to fight to get back on the bus without them. The bus was overcrowded and small . One excursion was cancelled, during the night. The shore excursion office was closed the next morning so we could not rebook anything. We could not get into the hot tubs because they were always overcrowded. The spa was a rip off, the manager rude. Don’t waste your money but if you do don’t expect to pay what you were quoted . We booked something at night for the next day, tried to cancel but we were told we couldn’t because it was under 24 hours . We didn’t book it that long in advance and that was not explained to us. They tried to bill us 50% . I eventually got it cancelled because I went up there and vomited in the bathroom . I tried to tell them I was seasick but the manager didn’t believe me. A staff member actually cancelled it behind the managers back. But it was super clean and the staff were amazing. The hot stone massage was lovely but extremely overpriced . Gratuity was extremely high on all the drinks and spa services . Watch for hidden Chargers everywhere. I asked for the refill cup on Sunday and was told they have no such thing. I could not find anyone who knew anything about it until Wednesday. We waited in line for a long while to buy some earrings . When we got to the counter we were told to go to the other register. We went to the other register , waited for an even longer time then was told to go back to the first register . We walked out. This happened again at the photo booth. If you plan on buying internet or photos get the package before you sail. Carnival hub did not work unless we were docked. The behind the fun tour was well worth it . Lovely gifts. Informative tour. But again we were not even tickets or information when we booked and we almost missed it . We were on deck one , first to disembark off the ship supposedly. The elevators were not coming down . When deck two was called probably 75% of deck one was still trying to get off. It caused a lot of frustrations and tempers to flare. Summary:- the ship is old , small and needs repairs ,. The plumbing and sewerage have major issues . I was cold all the time . Expect long lines for absolutely everything.. Cigarette smoke is really bad in the casino. The sewage smell was horrific . Does roll a lot and several people who are long time cruisers said this was the first time for feeling sea sick . Dining room does not function well. Very limited 24 hour food (especially late evening) Lack of organisation causes problems. Not good at problem solving . Don’t expect it to be any different on Thanksgiving than any regular day. No real meal except turkey. No fun parades like other ships had . Would not say it is very easy to get around in a scooter or wheelchair. Staff are amazing, polite , friendly hardworking. The ship is super clean . Food was good..... when everything is working it’s great. We still had a lovely relaxing holiday. I would cruise again, just not on on the poor old Carnival Dodgy. Finally before you think I’m hard to please, this is not the case. I’m trying to give a honest review. The same complaints we had , everyone around us was saying too!

When it was good it was very, very good. When it was bad, it was horrid .

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by TSobush

TSobush’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Glory price drops

Twin bunks . Extremely narrow . My husband put the mattress on the floor every night as he is 6 feet and did not fit . Shower flooded the bathroom floor every time we used it .
Extremely clean . Bedding extremely white . Cabin staff amazing . Quite noisy . Deck one
  Carnival Glory Deck Plans