• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • News
  • Deals

MS Roald Amundsen Review

Editor Rating

Antarctica and the Falkland Islands.

Review for MS Roald Amundsen to Antarctica
Pauline s
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Nov 2019
Cabin:

I had heard good reviews of Hurtigruten from friends. I felt safe in their hands as they have so much experience of cold, icy countries.

When the offer of a reduction on MS Roald Amundsen for it’s first year I took the opportunity and have no regrets. A fantastic ship, a fantastic cruise, lively and knowledgeable expedition crew. I paid extra to camp out. An experience I will never forget. And walking on pack ice is unreal. We were also lucky enough to land on Cape Horn. My only complaint, nothing about Scot. Yes, he failed but he is still part of Antarctica history.

Life on board was great. Our cabin was comfortable and spacious, enough room to store our stuff and the cases slipped under the beds. A choice of three restaurants with good food and a spacious bar with plenty of seating. I used the hot tubs and sauna twice and the pool once. And there were interesting lectures to fill in to at time if we wanted.

Larger cabin with window. A long cabin with en-suite, on the 5 th. floor. Comfortable beds, tea and coffee facilities, large screen television, and two comfortable chairs.

4 Helpful Votes